Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is this stupid? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stupid-t182819.html)

rjwilder 03-16-2012 09:04 AM

I take my machine with me when we RV up the Calif/Oregon coast. You never know when the wind and rain will arrive. Even though you are vacation with family, everyone needs a break. If the weather is bad maybe some will go to the movies or shopping and you can enjoy your sewing.

LoriMcc 03-16-2012 09:07 AM

I'm with you all the way!

pattilynn 03-16-2012 09:10 AM

I would take it if it were me.

reginalovesfabric 03-16-2012 09:12 AM

not at all, you know what they say "have sewing machine will travel"

have fun

jaly3162 03-16-2012 09:57 AM

I took my sewing machine to Myrtle Beach for 7 days and it was just my husband and I didn't sew one stitch.

valsma 03-16-2012 10:05 AM

No that is not stupid. Have yourself a personal little quilting retreat. If your not into shopping or gambling or walking the beach then by all means you should do something your enjoy while your there. Enjoy your time. If your going to Chinook Winds tell my neice Sarah in guest services hello.

bunbear64 03-16-2012 10:18 AM

i don't think that is stupid at all! i took my sewing machine camping with us a couple years ago. we have a trailer with a little deck that we stay at. i put a card table up on the deck - outside! - and i sewed my heart out. i was able to sew quite a bit during that vacation. we did family things, but there were times when we went seperate directions for a few hours. i was glad to have the machine there with me. and i'll just mention that the car was so packed that i had to ride four hours to the campground with that machine right next to my feet in the car! hee hee hee.

YukonViv 03-16-2012 10:27 AM

It's not stupid at all!!! My friend just wet away on a road trip to visit her daughter and family. She took her sewing machine! I know that when I go on a trip I take my knitting and my cross stitching so why not a sewing machine, I like the idea.

Gladys 03-16-2012 10:46 AM

Maybe sewing is like a vacation to you. You obviously enjoy it a lot. I think it would be nice to have it with you in case you do find you want to sew.

w7sue 03-16-2012 10:52 AM

I always sew when I go to the beach - weather is always unpredictable - are you going to be in Lincoln City? If yes, go north, there is a small quilt shop in Cloverdale - BJ's - (just past the first Pacific City turnoff) - you will turn right and go down a dirt road to the end - lots of fabric and another one in Tillamook - you will need to go a few blocks into town and turn left, then left again (one way streets) and it is in a pink house on the right - Jane's.

We have a house in Pacific City and I sew every time I am there - sometimes friends come over and we have a girls quilting weekend - no kids - no grandkids - no husbands! We sew, talk and watch "chick" flicks the whole time. We take turns cooking and in general have a great time.