Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Suggestions for machine to take RVing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/suggestions-machine-take-rving-t62330.html)

JETTA 09-02-2010 02:33 AM

janome gem I have two love them.

deedum 09-02-2010 03:25 AM

I have a Janome Platiumn and really like it. Featherweight would be wonderful, but the Janome's have more stitch options which I like, go to the top of the Janome Jem for that. Of course, this would be an excellent excuse for a Featherweight! Now, that would be a tuff choice.

Buttons922 09-02-2010 03:36 AM

I am a 3/4 RVer. We took out 2 of the chairs in our rv and gave me a corner. I have a sewing machine (Bernina 830 with embroidery) on a table made for the machine and two 3 drawer stands to hold my thread. I have a tub of fabric I store in the belly of the RV so that I can pick and choose. When we travel the ironing board comes down the desk goes there. Machine on the floor under the table. I love it and would tell anyone to do it.

Also, if you have not upgraded your RV yet. Look at the rv's that have a room in the back for hualing bikes, trikes etc. You can always make that your sewing room instead of the "other" stuff.

Carol111 09-02-2010 03:41 AM

I just bought a Babylock Sofia2 to take to classes as I cannot lift my heavy machine. The Sofia also has an embroidery arm which I haven't used at all yet but I love the machine for piecing. The size of it reminds me of the Singer Featherweight.

I love the Babylock machines and wasn't actually shopping for another machine when I saw the Sofia2. It was a happy accident that I was in the shop at that particular moment, my husband was with me and suggested that this machine would be right for me.

Carol in FL

mar32428 09-02-2010 04:00 AM

I used to take handwork when we had the little tow behind camper. Then we got our first (and only) RV and I was in heaven. BUT, DH said if I insisted on taking my little Janome Gem with me, he would divorce me. You can't win 'em all.

Linda58 09-02-2010 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Buttons922
I am a 3/4 RVer. We took out 2 of the chairs in our rv and gave me a corner. I have a sewing machine (Bernina 830 with embroidery) on a table made for the machine and two 3 drawer stands to hold my thread. I have a tub of fabric I store in the belly of the RV so that I can pick and choose. When we travel the ironing board comes down the desk goes there. Machine on the floor under the table. I love it and would tell anyone to do it.

Also, if you have not upgraded your RV yet. Look at the rv's that have a room in the back for hualing bikes, trikes etc. You can always make that your sewing room instead of the "other" stuff.

Linda58 09-02-2010 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Buttons922

What a great idea!! A toy hauler, so you have a sewing room!!

mamaw 09-02-2010 04:33 AM

I have a Janome Jem and they are wonderful!!!! The platinum does everything a full machine will do...needle up/down, needle over etc.

Central Ohio Quilter 09-02-2010 04:38 AM

If you can't find a Featherweight, you could try to find a Singer 301 or 301A. I have my mother's 301A and I've taken it with us in our 5th wheel. It is also a great little machine, small and tough.

Linda58 09-02-2010 04:38 AM

Mamabear,

I just received an e-mail from Janome. They are having a FALL SALE. You might want to check it out.

Linda58

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=2...d&e=1dbab8d183