Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Summer issue of Quilting Quickly with Jenny Doan. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/summer-issue-quilting-quickly-jenny-doan-t216750.html)

JLMiller 03-20-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5938363)
I got this yesterday. It is worth double the price. There is a template for the 10 degree wedge ruler, french braid patter, small and large tumbler template, wedge template for Periwinkle quilt, large half hexagon template, and the flag tumbler pattern like I have for my avatar. I am asked at least several times a week for the flag pattern. Now it's available in print, so go get it. This is a great go to quilt pattern magazine. I like every pattern.

ok ladies... I've got 2 of the quilty magazines.. ones says winter 2012 issue 2 and the other says jan/feb 2013 issue 3 is it one of these you are referring to because I'm not seeing this template you are talking about. I'm wondering if someone tore a page out of my magazine... grrrr.. please do let me know if I have the right magazine..

misseva 03-20-2013 08:01 AM

I got one of the first issues at my local Fred's store in Augusta, AR

katybob 03-20-2013 08:04 AM

It's the Quilting Quickly magazine, not the Quilty magazine. Both are Fons and Porter's publications. Sure is easy to confuse them with the word "Quilt" in the name of every magazine. Sure seems like Fons and Porter publishes them all these days! LOL

JLMiller 03-20-2013 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 5941309)
It's the Quilting Quickly magazine, not the Quilty magazine. Both are Fons and Porter's publications. Sure is easy to confuse them with the word "Quilt" in the name of every magazine. Sure seems like Fons and Porter publishes them all these days! LOL

omgoshhhhhh... duhhhhh I am sooo glad you straightened that out for me... lol... I do have that magazine.. lol.. thanks sooo much.. it is a great one.. tee heee...
I've already made a quilt out of it ..

Friday1961 03-20-2013 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by vondae (Post 5940319)
We can get it at Hastings Book stores out here. That's where I buy mine. BTW: Bellaboo Jenny also has a video tutorial on making the flag quilt. I love Jenny. I would love to meet her sometime.

I hate it that our Hastings closed this past year. I bought lots and lots of books in there; it was my place to go to.

deanneellen 03-20-2013 08:32 AM

Thanks for the info. I definitely want to pick this one up.

Lucio 03-20-2013 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by mighty (Post 5938790)
I picked mine up at the grocery store!

Which grocery store? I will be in that area tonight.

DonnaC 03-20-2013 09:51 AM

My local Target has both issues on the shelf right now (the Premiere issue and the second one, which is Summer). There are only 2 issues available thus far. I have also seen it in Jo-Ann's, in Barnes & Noble, and some local grocery stores.

QuiltingHaven 03-20-2013 11:40 AM

Got it and I am working on the "X's and O's" quilt. I have two others "Piece Out" and "Summer in the Park" cut and ready to go in the project boxes. I am looking for just the right material for "Shining Stars" - love the magazine and all the videos that can be watched. Great new magazine.

maggiemuggins 03-20-2013 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by meldmac (Post 5941280)
Is there a subscription available for the digital copy? I haven't seen the paper copy here yet (Canada).

I found mine in WalMart...I am in Ontario