Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Supreme Slider? Does it really make a difference? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/supreme-slider-does-really-make-difference-t290430.html)

rryder 08-14-2017 04:31 AM

Useful to help your quilt slide, but---- I have found that while it sticks well to some machines it doesn't do so well for others, as a result I tape mine at the back and also at the far right side, that way I can lift it up to get to the bobbin area on my PQ without having to completely remove it.

Another problem I have found is that over time the needle opening will become warped which causes it to lift along one side, this will catch on the quilt which is a pain when FMQ. To solve that problem I cut an opening large enough to fit around the needle plate. This also allows me to keep my slider on my machine all the time since the feed dogs will be exposed when raised and the seam lines marked on the needle plate are visible. For me it works just as well as it did with just the small needle hole and I can quickly switch from FMQ to piecing without having to remove, rinse and dry the supreme slider.

I also tried the silicone spray, but worried about gettingit in the oiling holes on the bed of my machine. I also found that I had to reapply it frequently.

Rob

Onebyone 08-14-2017 05:19 AM

I keep mine on my machine all the time. I haven't had any issues with it slipping. I always check to make sure it is not loose before I sew and if it is I rinse it and it clings like new. My extension table is not acrylic, that may make a difference.

Annie68 08-14-2017 05:34 AM

I had one, didn't work for me, my quilt moved around better without it!

jokir44 08-14-2017 09:05 AM

[QUOTE=SusieQOH;7886443]I had one and ripped it- sewed it to the back of my quilt- I was so mad!
Me too. I taped mine down but when I want to change the bobbin I have to untape it. I may see about the teflon sheets now. You know, maybe if our machines are too slippery for the supreme slider then they are already slippery enough, so no need.

Learning2Quilt 08-15-2017 02:22 AM

This happened to me too. Very frustrating.

copycat 08-15-2017 02:57 AM

Yes,I have found for me, it does make the quilt top "slide" over the sewing machine bed smoother...so the fabric keeps moving at a consistent pace to keep your stitches even. I think it helps to eliminate drag as you move the quilt. I have the small size slider as my machine throat space is small.

jmoore 08-15-2017 03:24 AM

I only FMQ lap size or smaller on my DSM but I do use the queen size slider. I read somewhere that it is suggested you tape it down but mine seems to adhere fine.

cat-on-a-mac 08-15-2017 03:26 AM

Here's another "pro" vote. I have sewed through mine, but in general I find it very helpful. You do have to keep the back clean though. If it gets lots of lint on it, it won't stick. All you have to do is rinse it with tap water to clean it.

Karamarie 08-15-2017 03:40 AM

I don't care for it either. Didn't stay put.

SusieQOH 08-15-2017 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac (Post 7887229)
Here's another "pro" vote. I have sewed through mine, but in general I find it very helpful. You do have to keep the back clean though. If it gets lots of lint on it, it won't stick. All you have to do is rinse it with tap water to clean it.

Mine didn't last long enough to get linty :(