Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Supreme Slider (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/supreme-slider-t226362.html)

fangman 07-24-2013 06:35 AM

I have tried the Supreme Slider and did not care for it, as it was too small.

kellen46 07-24-2013 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 6191356)
Yes, they really do help and are worth the money.

If for some reason I don't use it I notice a difference right away. That is a DOH moment....get the slider out!

matraina 07-24-2013 08:30 AM

I have the larger of the two sizes of the Supreme Slider. The first time I used it, I taped it down with a blue masking tape. The tape didn't hold; it kept rolling up, and I sewed through it. I've been thinking of using the silicone spray. In one of my favorite fmq videos, the girl uses it. Can't remember her name right now. She has several videos out.

IBQUILTIN 07-24-2013 10:27 AM

I have a pretty large sewing table, and I spray it with Amour All and it lets things slide really easy

Dogwood Quilter 07-24-2013 02:10 PM

I also have the Sew-Slip ll. It is larger than the small Supreme Slider and cost less. It has a cut out for the feed dogs not just a needle hole. It does not move but I've only did blocks not a whole quilt with it. I love it.

EllieGirl 07-24-2013 04:03 PM

I bought one and really didn't like it. Mine actually did get sewn to my quilt.

KnitnutBZ 07-24-2013 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6191937)
There was someone here on the QB that actually stitched thru their SS.
Was it you?

I stitched through mine and had a mess. I've been told to tape the edges. Haven't tried that yet.

Dottie Bug 07-24-2013 08:33 PM

The silicone spray make sure you get the one for sewing. I got mine at Hancock's. I use it for the table top & the plastic sheet over the machine bed. works great ,but don't get it on the wood floors ,will cause a slip and slide area. DottieBug

blueheavenfla 07-25-2013 12:07 AM

I use the small one but I have also covered my entire sewing area with heavy duty clear plastic except the feed dog area. I lower the feed dogs and place the small slider over the area not covered by the plastic. I leave the plastic in place for all sewing but raise the feed dogs and remover the slider. Makes everything move easily. If you have a top load bobbin then you must leave that area uncovered by the plastic for easy access to the bobbins.

Originally Posted by Vera39760 (Post 6191334)
I have done quilting on my DMS for many years. I've been reading about silicon pads and supreme sliders and wonder if they really do help. I use the rubber shelf liners under my hands to control my quilt. I got so tired last night just working on a baby quilt and wondered if the sliders would make it easier. I don't want to spend the money on it and then have it be one of the things I put aside and don't use.
Thanks for any help.
Vera

Weezy Rider 07-25-2013 05:23 AM

They are good for collecting pet hair! Mine's so full of cat hair, I just tape it.

Isn't Armor All greasy?