Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Supreme Slider (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/supreme-slider-t226362.html)

SueSew 07-25-2013 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6191937)
There was someone here on the QB that actually stitched thru their SS.
Was it you?

I did that! the back of it got a little fuzzy and wasn't sticking to the plastic of the machine. I took up about half a dozen stitches with the slider in it. So disgusted that after cutting, ripping and prying the stupid thing out of the back of the quilt I pitched it. It had gotten all stretched.

But now I have the SUPREME slider which is a lot bigger and I have been really careful to keep clean.

If you switch to walking foot from FMQ, and you put your feed dogs back up, it is helpful to remember to REMOVE THE SLIDER!!! :) :) :)

matraina 07-25-2013 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN (Post 6194066)
I have a pretty large sewing table, and I spray it with Amour All and it lets things slide really easy

What is Amour All?

jeanharville 07-25-2013 02:33 PM

I use the Large SS and really like it. It make the quilt just glide while I'm FMQing. The Sew Slip II sounds like the same thing only cheaper and I could recommend either one if you're having trouble sliding your quilt. It really surprises me that others have had trouble or are displeased with it.

donna13350 07-25-2013 02:58 PM

I had a hole cut in an old formica topped table, then dropped my machine in flush with the top..then I gave it a healthy coat of car wax..and wow do quilts slide on that! I do use the supreme slider for the bed of my machine, but if I had the guts, I'd just wax that. too!
The only drawback I have is that I need another table coming out to the left of my machine, because the table is so slippery that quilts fall right off the front of the table(to my left) when I'm sewing. I am on the lookout for another formica topped table because this works so well. That way I can use it support quilts and also an additional cutting space.

donna13350 07-25-2013 03:02 PM

Armour all is wax for cars or tires...at any rate..it's a wax.

nancysp 07-25-2013 05:34 PM

I have been considering getting a SUpreme Slider. I am concerned that it will add another "thing" to do when changing bobbins. And take a bunch of extra time. Can any of you comment on that?

ThreadHead 07-25-2013 07:46 PM

the Silicone Spray works best for me

donna13350 07-26-2013 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by nancysp (Post 6196470)
I have been considering getting a SUpreme Slider. I am concerned that it will add another "thing" to do when changing bobbins. And take a bunch of extra time. Can any of you comment on that?

It just takes seconds...not a big deal..no different than removing your bobbin cover..just lift it up and put it back...but the difference it makes in your FMQ is well worth those couple of seconds.