Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Table next to sewing machine... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/table-next-sewing-machine-t256118.html)

Diannia 10-31-2014 08:50 AM

My sewing are is set up in an "L" shape. To right is a small table with a small ironing station. Beside it is my misc "stuff" holder, then my machine, then my cutting mat. I have fibro so sitting is better.

Kitsie 10-31-2014 09:23 AM

I have a full size kitchen table with drop down leaf on my left and one in front. A small typing table in the "L" has my machine on it! I, too, need lots of room!

mommaB 10-31-2014 09:30 AM

I am currently trying to figure out how to get another table to fit! I share the guest room, which is pretty tiny to begin with. I'm using a white plastic folding table right now, 4 t long. If I really get going the machine bounces! so I want an old kitchen table with a hole cut in the top, then I can fold up the other one when company comes so they can get around the foot of the bed. Do we ever have enough room??!!

KwiltyKahy 10-31-2014 09:54 AM

No you are not alone. When I look at (and drool over) pictures of sewing furniture, I always check the right hand area and how the machine sits in relation to the area for your feet and legs. To me, that space should be a little to the left of the machine instead of directly beneath the macine. I sometimes wonder if the people who design this stuff are actually sewers.

Jan in VA 10-31-2014 10:12 AM

I pull up a folding table to fit flush to my side and abutting the sewing table when I'm doing the machine quilting. And sometimes I use a small wooden TV table made into an ironing surface when I'm doing log cabin blocks.

Jan in VA

crafty pat 10-31-2014 10:13 AM

I have a folding table set up next to my machine cabinet in a L shape. Couldn't get along without it.

katier825 10-31-2014 10:34 AM

You are not alone! I MUST have space to work and my ironing board is too flimsy to be of much use. Along with my Gidget 2 table, I have 2 folding tables. One is a shorter table I have in the corner behind my machine to support larger projects. To the left, I have a 30x72 table from Office Depot. I like it because it adjusts in height in 2" increments. I also have a narrow (10" or so) rolling cart to the right of my machine for bobbins, feet, etc. I keep a separate drawer for each machine. Mostly I use my Juki, so that stuff is in the top drawer.

justflyingin 10-31-2014 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 6951026)
I pull up a folding table to fit flush to my side and abutting the sewing table when I'm doing the machine quilting. And sometimes I use a small wooden TV table made into an ironing surface when I'm doing log cabin blocks.

Jan in VA

This is also what I do.

carolstickelmaier 10-31-2014 02:33 PM

I have tables surrounding me. The only thing not near is my ironing station. It is upstairs. If I had it near I would never get up and then would pay dearly for sitting when I did get up. It is the only way I get exercise when I am in the sewing mode. While up I get a drink and use the bathroom. Back down the steps and into my chair until I need to press something again. And so it goes.

cannyquilter 11-01-2014 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by carolstickelmaier (Post 6951265)
I have tables surrounding me. The only thing not near is my ironing station. It is upstairs. If I had it near I would never get up and then would pay dearly for sitting when I did get up. It is the only way I get exercise when I am in the sewing mode. While up I get a drink and use the bathroom. Back down the steps and into my chair until I need to press something again. And so it goes.

I'm with you my sewing room is upstairs but I cut out downstairs and until recently my ironing board was in a different room. Some of this is to do with space but it's really to get me moving. I live a fairly sedentary life and hate exercise so I have to sneak it in where possible.