Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tags on quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tags-quilt-t103872.html)

Tinabodina 03-02-2011 05:00 AM

Well, I wish I could tell you I make my own, but about 20 years ago when I thought I was getting into quilting, I ordered about 200 labels. So, until those are gone, I will use them. Of course 200 labels could very well be here long after I'm gone. :-)

Tamara 03-02-2011 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tinabodina
Well, I wish I could tell you I make my own, but about 20 years ago when I thought I was getting into quilting, I ordered about 200 labels. So, until those are gone, I will use them. Of course 200 labels could very well be here long after I'm gone. :-)

Where did you order yours from ?

Quilter2B 03-02-2011 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by gramquilter2
I make my own using my embroidery machine.

Me too. Before I had my Bernina I would use a fabric marker on a square of fabric from the quilt top and sew it to the back.

dunster 03-02-2011 08:48 AM

I make my own. I've used machine embroidery for a few, but usually I print them on fabric. If I print them, I use EQ to design the label. I incorporate photographs if possible, and I make a border for the label (in EQ) using the quilt blocks in the quilt.

mjsylvstr 03-02-2011 09:10 AM

I do both......special gifts get special labels.......

shamrock 03-02-2011 10:49 AM

Hey jljack, remember to send the label for the quilt you made me. (speaking of) Shirley

Maybe1day 03-02-2011 03:37 PM

Well I am ashamed to say that until a year ago I never added a label or any other type of embellishment to any of the quilts I've made and given away. I do have photos of them all but that is all.

Anyway, when I bought my new machine last year I started playing with the monogramming function and promptly Initialized the quilts and runners I was in the process of making in one corner. Also dated each one under the initials. I actually made my very first label this year. I think depending on who I make it for I will continue to just initial and date rather than make a larger label for them from now on.

Maybe1day

Annya 03-07-2011 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by sharoney

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
I call them labels and I make my own with as much info about the maker/receiver/date/design/techniques as I can.

Jan in VA

me too

Me three as well. I have many different pictures for labels that I can use. All I do is print the information and print it out onto printable fabric.

MissJMac 06-07-2011 12:24 AM

Make my own on Embroidery Machine

sarahrachel 06-24-2011 08:38 AM

I hand embroider my own. They're not the most elaborate but I think it adds a personal touch. My mom used to use a permanent marker on a piece of fabric but she doesn't have time to quilt anymore and I've noticed the one she did for my brother has faded to the point you can hardly read it anymore. I might write over it so he can read it before it gets to bad. Sorry I'm rambling...