Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tell me what you will be sewing tonight? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tell-me-what-you-will-sewing-tonight-t211930.html)

dogtrnr 01-25-2013 09:29 AM

Judy L. had a sit and sew on NYD to sew a simple pattern for QOV. I cut out enough for 4 - yes, you read that right, 4- and will be working on those tonight. A 6 1/2" railfence boxed in with 2 1/2" strips. I've got all the railfence blocks made, and am working on the next part!

KathyB
Sharon, WI

Chicca 01-25-2013 09:42 AM

After washing and drying the fabrics I chose for TWIST a 82" by 99" quilt pattern; I found in Big Book of Best-Loved Quilt Patterns. I ironed the light fabric last night and even cut out the necessary squares. Only to discover that I did not have enough of the fabric. So went searching and decided on a white. Now instead of a three fabric quilt, it will be a four fabric quilt. That is unless I discover today that I do not have enough of the other two fabrics. I am really excited about starting this quilt. It is my first one in over 4 months...between packing, moving, unpacking and settling in to our new home. So sure hope that this works out. It also requires partial seams, which I have never done before. Sure hope all goes well.

Sure enjoy reading what everyone is doing!

girliegirl 01-25-2013 09:46 AM

Well, chop chop ya'll.... get it? chop chop.... hee hee

Jackie Spencer 01-25-2013 10:04 AM

I will be working on the quilt I started day after Christmas. Took me 3 days just to cut it out, very labor intensive piecing. I finally have all the components made, when I get them sewed together, I'll actually have blocks. This is a Queen size quilt.

sandy l 01-25-2013 10:10 AM

I will still be curled up on the couch envying all of you. Have had a really nasty cold/flu for the past couple of weeks, have done zilch in the sewing room.

Dragonomine 01-25-2013 10:12 AM

Working on piecing my Irish chain quilt but the family is going out of town tomorrow for the weekend so I won't be getting much done with last minute stuff.

cjackaitlin 01-25-2013 10:24 AM

I try not to sew at night, my eyes get to tired. So I knit when I watch tv. I am on the last sweater for my youngest DG. But when I sew, I'm finishing a memory quilt for my Db roommate.

Grama Lehr 01-25-2013 10:28 AM

I don't know. . . . . but I can tell you that I will be going to ROAD TO CALIFORNIA QUILT SHOW this weekend!!

Jim's Gem 01-25-2013 10:32 AM

Since I did not get to go to the "Road to California" Quilt show today I am going to work on my daughters queen size quilt. I started this thing a long time ago. I just have to sew together a few more blocks and then I can do the final press.

Jim's Gem 01-25-2013 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr (Post 5812734)
I don't know. . . . . but I can tell you that I will be going to ROAD TO CALIFORNIA QUILT SHOW this weekend!!

This is the first time in years that I did not get to go! Cry, sniff......... none of my friends could go and I can't walk the whole thing. I am envious of you! I love going to that show!