Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thank-you-thank-you-thank-you-t199162.html)

gollytwo 09-01-2012 05:07 AM

It's on sale right now thru Amazon for $199.

fmhall2 09-01-2012 05:47 AM

I bought the same machine about a year ago primarily for one of my students to be able to learn on, but when no students are here, I do use it a lot. I really do love it. I know you will enjoy it.

Blackberry 09-01-2012 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltedComforts (Post 5481092)
About a month and a half ago I posted a thread asking for new machine suggestions and everyone was so helpful. I did a little research about the machines suggested and decided to go with the Brother CS-6000i. I just completed my first quilt with it and I am in love!!! Huge thanks to Skittl1321 for the suggestion!!!

I have this same machine and I also really like it. However, after several quilts I was cleaning it and decided to change the needle and then it started to make this awful clunking noise. I took it to the repair shop, she said that the noise was OK and wasn't hurting anything. Well, I didn't like the clunking noise so I thought back to all of my steps and decided that I should check the needle. Since it worked so nicely with the needle that came in the machine, I went to the manual and it said the needle in the machine at time of purchase of a size 11 so that is what I put back in the machine and now it works just fine and doesn't make that clunking noise. However, I still prefer to put on the binding which is sewing thru 7 layers of fabric on my Vintage Singer 201 which I keep the walking foot on at all times for that purpose. I like to FMQ on the 15-91 so that machine always the FMQ foot on it. You will really like the CS6000i.

donna13350 09-01-2012 07:55 AM

I have a 6000i, too, and love it! I use it much more than my other machine that I paid 5 times more for! It is just a great all around machine. The only thing I can say is a negative with the brother machines is the bobbin cover..that little plastic piece that covers the bobbin...I find it a pain to remove, it just seems like overkill, when every other brand of machine out there has a simple cover that's easily removed, I need to use a tool, (screwdriver or scissors, seamripper, whatever is handy) to get in that little space to loosen the latch. Not a big deal, I've adapted..especially since I love everything else about the machine...but I do not like the bobbin plate!
On the other hand, it is very easy to use and so quiet!

norwalkgma 09-01-2012 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltedComforts (Post 5481092)
About a month and a half ago I posted a thread asking for new machine suggestions and everyone was so helpful. I did a little research about the machines suggested and decided to go with the Brother CS-6000i. I just completed my first quilt with it and I am in love!!! Huge thanks to Skittl1321 for the suggestion!!!

Love my Brother too!

huntersgrammie 09-01-2012 02:02 PM

i have never sewn on a machine before dec 2011 and i decided i was going to try at age 53. and that was the machine i bought. its easy to use, lightweight to take to classes and friends to help me learn, lol, and anywhere else i want to go. i too really love the machine.

huntersgrammie 09-01-2012 02:05 PM

ok i bought the same machine in dec. and i have never sewn a stich on a machine. so how do you clean it. that is awful i never thought about having to do that. what do i know. help. thanks

mdall 09-01-2012 03:16 PM

Have the CS 6000i and love love love it. Havent had to many issues with that were actually due to the machine. Enjoy it will treat you right.

Caswews 09-01-2012 03:18 PM

Love love the Brother machines.. I have 2 of them and looking for either a Pfaff or another Brother machine .. Maybe even a Babylock (Brother's BIG brother !).

Nanamoms 09-01-2012 03:25 PM

My dealer recommended this machine to me when I wanted an inexpensive machine that I could keep set up for general sewing. I haven't had a lot of time to sew on it but it's actually set up in my living room right now with a stack of sewing beside it! LOL