Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thank-you-thank-you-thank-you-t199162.html)

Jingle 09-01-2012 06:26 PM

My Daughter has the Brother 1500 straight stitch only machine and she loves it. It needs to be oiled, it is close to the Juki TL98Q and TL98QE. with and without the extension table. Hers comes with the table,knee lift and auto threader. The everything is metal includung bobbin cover.

Snooks 09-02-2012 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltedComforts (Post 5481092)
About a month and a half ago I posted a thread asking for new machine suggestions and everyone was so helpful. I did a little research about the machines suggested and decided to go with the Brother CS-6000i. I just completed my first quilt with it and I am in love!!! Huge thanks to Skittl1321 for the suggestion!!!

Rule #1 - After heartfelt Thank Yous - you MUST post pictures!!! Happy for you and your new machine.

karate lady 09-02-2012 07:43 AM

There is a new sewing machine store right next to JoAnns in town. I went in to look around and can see why you all love these machines. smile. sadly my budget does not allow for the price . sigh. fun to look at though. I use a little $ 200. Kenmore I bought 6 yrs ago. A little noisy, but my quilts come out fine. smile.....maybe someday.........

Sewnoma 09-02-2012 08:26 AM

I have one of those too! It's a great portable machine and weighs NOTHING compared to my other 2 machines. I have friends come over to sew occasionally and that's the one I bring downstairs and set up for that and I'm always happy to work on it again. My only beef with it is that it IS so light that it scootches away from me as I'm quilting - I solved that by putting a rubber drawer liner underneath. It happily sews along with any ol' thread I want to use, too. Really good inexpensive little machine; I just hope it lasts. Makes me a little nervous that there's apparently no way to oil it myself?? I've only had mine about a year now, but so far, so good.

sparkys_mom 09-02-2012 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by gollytwo (Post 5482953)
It's on sale right now thru Amazon for $199.

You can order it through Walmart for $159.00. I bought mine that way 4 years ago. I don't remember if I had to pay shipping but I ordered it online and picked it up at the store.

wordpaintervs 09-02-2012 09:41 AM

I have a very inexpensive Brother serger, and a Brother sewer/embroidery that was inexpensive. I have a heavy duty singer sewer as well (also inexpensive) I make do with all real well.

I'd think I'd gone to heaven if I had anything fancy. Probably wouldn't know how to operate it. GIGGLING.

Congrats on your older AND new machine.

EllenwoodGa 09-02-2012 12:38 PM

Congradulations

Monroe 09-02-2012 05:09 PM

I have the same one, and really like it. Very lightweight, easy to use. I wish the needle default was to the right (stitch #37) instead of the left (stitch 00) but I found an inexpensive snap on 1/4" foot (about $4.75) from JoAnns that is perfect when used with the center (01) needle position. The only downside is even a little lint frequently causes skipped stitches, and I need to clean the bobbin case and also behind it frequently. Just be sure to put the bobbin case in exactly as it lifted out. Easy to do once you get the hang of it. I also find it doesn't really like thick fabrics, but I use my '76 Kenmore for those items. Enjoy!

Dee 09-02-2012 08:04 PM

Congrats! know you'll love it as much as I do. A little machine thats a giant workhorse. I want one just for a spare. Happy quilting.

craftymatt2 09-03-2012 12:35 PM

I have to say there is nothing like a pfaff, its well made and lasts forever, but i am glad you like you machine, thats all that counts.