Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through the hexagons Cutie style! Cutting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-cutting-t35685.html)

mimisharon 02-02-2010 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
Im so excited! I cut them at 3 3/4 I realized I could cut the strips 3 1/2 and still get the extra 1/4 at the point of the triangle, so thats why they look like they have holes :roll: I realized after I started stacking them up it was actually going to benifit me in the pieceing, I would have a referance for the center.
cant wait till next monday :-D
Im sure its better for my family and the upkeep of the house for me to HAVE to wait

so pretty, I wasn't sure how that was going to look at first but I love it! You done good! (as we say here in the south) :D

mimisharon 02-02-2010 03:23 PM

Cute, you won't believe what I did...........not gonna tell ya, just hope I can work it out. I love it and I'm glad I invested in the 60 rule.

It's going really quick, maybe I need to start another one? nawwww, gotta see how I work this out first. But I'm thinking a Valentine wall hanging would be really cute with this pattern. You is good, gf!!!

liblueeyes 02-02-2010 04:38 PM

CuteB - might like to try this if I have some fabric in my stash that would work. Just a few questions - obviously there are many different repeats in a fabric.
1- Are you cutting all the different ones as strips
2- Are all the strips the same width?
3- When others are putting the hexagons together are those pieces all from the same strip.

I will be behind everyone else - can I post the fabric if I can find some to see about repeats and cutting.
I know this is a lot of work for you - and I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
liblueeyes

cutebuns 02-02-2010 04:43 PM

Post a picture of the end and possibly the first yard and I can help you from there. I can give step by step to make it as easy as possible for you.

liblueeyes 02-02-2010 04:45 PM

Thanks so much- I think I have something in mind that might work.

suzeq 02-02-2010 05:44 PM

Boy! am I going to watch this one. I'm in the middle of piecing a hexagon quilt top, a variation of Grandmother's Flower Garden, left partly done by a niece who died. I've tried piecing by machine, but I do believe hand piecing for this is better and about the same time is consumed. I do not cut my thread until it runs out. If I can't move right toward where I need to be, I leave enough to get to the place I need to be to attach the next hexagon, therefore, no cutting, no knotting until thread runs out. I find this makes quicker piecing, also. JMO. TIA. Silvia

BKinCO 02-02-2010 05:57 PM

Ok, my fabric is cut into the repeats and cut down the middle....I have a question that I'm sure is obvious to everyone else ;) but I can't work it through my mind. I now have 12 pieces of fabric ~ 6 from the "front" side and 6 from the "back". Am I cutting ALL of this into triangles???

cutebuns 02-02-2010 06:09 PM

yes you are, make two stacks of 6 each, matching each up, you will be surprised at how fast they go together when you start to sew them, it will look like a lot, but they have to be the fastest blocks to go together,

BKinCO 02-02-2010 06:13 PM

OK, I think I'll take on that little project in the morning after the way my day has gone :) Thanks for the help!

fireworkslover 02-02-2010 07:14 PM

Awesome, awesome,awesome! Aren't they just all so neat? I just love how the print changes and you get a design so totally new. Everyone's prints are wonderful.