Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-layout-etc-t36954.html)

mimisharon 02-16-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by mimisharon
I moved more around every time I woke up during the night, but this morning I've begun pinning the strips together and am numbering them, beginning on the left and small safety pinning that number to the top end of the strip. I'm not an overachiever, I'm just aware of my limitations so I mark down on notes to remind myself about a layout or placement it really helps me concentrate on the way I'm supposed to go.. :oops:

no reason to be :oops: it isn't about being able to be as accomplished as someone else, it is about finding your style and making it work for you. I think you are doing a grand job! <wave>

You are so kind and encouraging. Thanks Omak, hugs

amma 02-16-2010 08:18 AM

I think I will borrow your idea MimiSharon, and pin the row numbers on also :D:D:D Any tip/trick to keep these in order is very much appreciated :D:D:D

mimisharon 02-16-2010 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I think I will borrow your idea MimiSharon, and pin the row numbers on also :D:D:D Any tip/trick to keep these in order is very much appreciated :D:D:D

Can you tell I used to teach second graders? Label, number, pin, staple, etc.

:lol: :lol:

cutebuns 02-16-2010 11:27 AM

What ever works for you works for you, especially if you think that they will get moved along the way, I can't wait to see more of everyones work come together,

And Welcome to the board! I see you have your picture attached, :)

deranged_damsel 02-16-2010 11:48 AM

Thank you so much Cute! I just have to say it again. doing these lessons in parts in sooo much easier than looking at the big daunting picture of trying something new.

I wanted to learn this OBW to TRY and be more random. is there a formula for random? I re layed out my quilt and I have to say I LOVE IT. but WHY did it turn out so structured??? I had to laugh at myself :roll: maybe next OBW I can try random again. :D

I will go upstairs and post a pic :D

omak 02-16-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
Thank you so much Cute! I just have to say it again. doing these lessons in parts in sooo much easier than looking at the big daunting picture of trying something new.

I wanted to learn this OBW to TRY and be more random. is there a formula for random? I re layed out my quilt and I have to say I LOVE IT. but WHY did it turn out so structured??? I had to laugh at myself :roll: maybe next OBW I can try random again. :D

I will go upstairs and post a pic :D

random? I can almost hear you <g> ... there is something about straight lines and angles that create structure ... LOL ... I understand because I am similar ... I love scrappy, but please! Do NOT ask me to throw fabric in a bag and pull out one piece to the next just because I touched it! ... I have control issues, so consequently everything I do ends up looking structured .... I have had to get used to it ... good luck solving yours, eh? LOL <wave>

cutebuns 02-16-2010 11:55 AM

Even nature isn't as random as one might think, there is order and most people find some sort of comfort in order. though random seems to sound good, ever watch the show Numbers? they say that people when trying to pull random numbers tend to have a pattern, they will repeat certain numbers, I think it is ingrained in us, though some do random or scrappy better than others,

deranged_damsel 02-16-2010 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
HA! I WIN!

teenage boy came up

"is that how you are going to do it?"

"yes"

"looks good"

YESSSSSSSSS I WIN! :lol: :roll:

deranged_damsel 02-16-2010 11:58 AM

I still need to play around with it, change some of the centers around and stuff like that. the blue is actually purple.

cutebuns 02-16-2010 12:00 PM

That looks awesome!!!!!!!!!! way to go!!!!!!