Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-layout-etc-t36954.html)

omak 02-16-2010 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by mimisharon

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
I am loving them all!!! I am cutting the other half of the yardage to get more blocks. It still won't be as big as I wanted but I am going to deal with it.

Kyia

Now that I'm putting mine together I know I will buy more yardage for the next one, too. I love it and can't wait to start another one.

SUCCESS, Cutie!!! so excited for all of you! Good show! <wave>

cutebuns 02-16-2010 09:50 PM

It is really hard to tell you how much to buy as it totally varies with the size of repeat and how big you cut your pieces, obviously the smaller the cut the less the fabric will go, the seams take up a bunch. So you all are going to be there in the LQS counting and measuring repeats and multiplying it by six until you have hopefully what size you want.

I can't wait to see where everyone goes after they finish this first one.

salmonsweet 02-17-2010 01:29 AM

Just to say I'm SO GLAD I'm not having to choose between your quilts. I'm loving them all.

Cutebuns: Those tumbling grapes are amazing. To me it's like a dance, moving out from the ring of grapes with the one leaf in the centre, whirling outwards into the green leaves and back to the tempting fruit again! Yum.

Mimisharon: Loving your blues, with the triangles twisting through them. Hat off to you for sticking with it, it looks now as if it was meant to be this way.

deranged_damsel: How cool!!! A leap into something else and it works just so well. And congratulations on getting your boy in shape as well... :D

Greencat: Welcome to the sandbox! :D Cutebuns is a great tutor, isn't she. Drew me out as well. I like your blocks, very subtle. Mimisharon's doesn't have a lot of contrast either and to me it's not a drawback at all. I think yours are both lovely.

Meanwhile, back in the rain... My machine is back and I'm now sewing feverishly to catch up. And I'm getting the "oh no everyone else's is much nicer than mine" phase now :LOL: ! Hope I'll get over it.

k3n 02-17-2010 02:26 AM

salmonsweet said it all so I don't have to! :-D

Seriously, everyone's are looking great. And I just might have to copy that star layout damsel! :mrgreen:

salmonsweet 02-17-2010 05:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some very preliminary pictures of my black and cream blocks. I'm not done at all because...

Big blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11201[/ATTACH]

Small blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11202[/ATTACH]

salmonsweet 02-17-2010 05:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm still playing with a wish for combining them, either the small around the big in a sort of frame, or perhaps with a diagonal sash between them...
(note my elegant sock :roll: )

Starting to go around
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11127[/ATTACH]

bjcombs2022 02-17-2010 06:15 AM

Salmonsweet! That is beautiful! Do you still have a whole piece of your fabric that you could post or have you already and I missed it? DH and I spent about an hour wandering thru the fabric aisles yesterday looking at fabrics "with a different eye." I may be able to get rid of some of my resources (used to be called stash) by just cutting them up to see how they will look, no matter how big the repeat! My fingers will be busy today!

k3n 02-17-2010 06:20 AM

salmon those are fantastisch! and your sock looks cosy too! ;-)

salmonsweet 02-17-2010 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by bjcombs2022
Salmonsweet! That is beautiful! Do you still have a whole piece of your fabric that you could post or have you already and I missed it? DH and I spent about an hour wandering thru the fabric aisles yesterday looking at fabrics "with a different eye." I may be able to get rid of some of my resources (used to be called stash) by just cutting them up to see how they will look, no matter how big the repeat! My fingers will be busy today!

Thank you! :-D I like the word resources...

A picture of my original fabric is in the cutting thread, here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35685-31.htm#793584

bjcombs2022 02-17-2010 06:28 AM

Beautiful fabric! I have a fairly small repeat fabric that I have had forever, it was originally used in my first quilt, Trip Around The World, kingsize. I way over bought because I loved it! I am going to do a test on it today just to see how it will look, just a few blocks! Another piece of resource gone!

Stash - Put away in secret . . . hidden

Resources - A source of supply, support, or aid, esp one that can be readily drawn upon when needed