Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-layout-etc-t36954.html)

mimisharon 02-21-2010 03:15 PM

Got any purple at all? For a narrow, then maybe the solid looking one next, the the bottom one? My thought is that the beautiful middle one will fight the beauty of the center, but can't be sure with the camera. JMHO

Hugs

cutebuns 02-21-2010 03:27 PM

Nothing that comes close at all, I am not at all happy, I might have to see if there is another color all together, though I have been looking and so far nothing has popped out, it is frustrating me to the max. I really can't go shopping and I really wanted to get this done so that I can move of to more things,

mimisharon 02-21-2010 03:32 PM

Story of my life. You been hanging around me to much?

cutebuns 02-21-2010 03:50 PM

Maybe, nope, never can hang around you too much, beside, this kind of behaviour started out a long time ago. so much fabric and nothing that I want to use for this, I keep looking and I keep shaking my head,

mimisharon 02-21-2010 04:43 PM

That's what I've been doing a lot of. I don't understand, is it the melatonin I'm missing with winter that keeps me from being able to get my stuff done? Is it just this year it seems much worse? I don't know but I sure want to get out from under it. I'll look thru my purples tomorrow for you. Does it have a lot of blue in it or is it purple purple?

cutebuns 02-21-2010 05:08 PM

It is more blue purple, with the pictures it is hard to tell,

I am not sure, I know I have some past things to deal with that should help, winter blues don't help, we have had a really cold winter, and I mean cold enough for C and F to meet.

woody 02-21-2010 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I am almost there with my layout, but now you guys have me worried that it might end up smaller than I wanted, I still have strips left so I might end up adding another row across and down :? or maybe a bigger border :?
I couldn't resist playing with the cubes, they were fun once I scaled up the pattern, (boy is my maths rusty lol)
If anyone has any suggestions let me know

still playing with the layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16352[/ATTACH]

Esqmommy 02-21-2010 07:12 PM

Oh my, that is stunning. Did you post your original fabric somewhere? Can you repost it here? Wow!!

MonkeeGirl 02-21-2010 07:15 PM

Hey guys! I've been watching this tutorial with awe. The whole process has been amazing and ALL the quilts are coming together just beautiful. Kudos to all.

CB...I don't know if its my computer, but do I see a faint hint of brown in the leaves? In your picture on the right side there appears to be a brown object. I was thinking how nice a "woody" color might be to bring in the nature theme? Just a possible option?

woody 02-21-2010 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Oh my, that is stunning. Did you post your original fabric somewhere? Can you repost it here? Wow!!

Thank you Esqmommy, hopefully it will look just as good sewn together.
Here is the original fabric, I got it from Whittles fabrics, it's called Prairie Gothic, Free Spirit Fabrics