Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-layout-etc-t36954.html)

amma 03-24-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
here is my baby all done with borders. the triangle border took ALOT more brains than I am used to using, and a little hand sewing at those Y seams. WOW! I dont think I will be doing a border like that again.

I bought fabric to do another one the RIGHT way. lol now I need to figure out how big to cut it.

WOW!!! I love how you made stars out of your blocks and the triangle border is stunning!!! :D:D:D

deranged_damsel 03-24-2010 11:21 AM

thanks Amma
I have almost 100 little triangles laying around now because I couldnt decide how to do it or the color wasnt right. I think I need to make a little doll blanket out of them.

Kyiav10 03-24-2010 12:29 PM

Beautiful work deranged damsel!

Kyia

buffy2 03-24-2010 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Buffy2 I love your quilt!!! Awesome work :D:D:D
AND those extra blocks :shock: those are stunning!!!8-)8-)8-) Do you have a quilt in mind for those? You have my mind a whirling with ideas now!!!

Thanks Anna. I Do have a idea how i want to do it but I am putting it aside until the fall. I have some UFO to finish before I start anything else. When I get it finished I will post it.

buffy2 03-24-2010 01:54 PM

Kyia. I love your quilt. It looks warm and inviting to me.

DD Your quilt is beautiful and I love the stars.

Thanks everyone for you lovely comments.

Ada

newestnana 03-24-2010 02:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by salmonsweet
Catching up... sort of...

Finally done with sewing my cheetah hexagons together. 255 blocks took a loong time... I'll trim the edges straight once I'm ready to put border(s) on.

Wondering about borders now. I kind of like the look of it on the off-white sofa, so perhaps some off-white? And a dark brown binding? or something else entirely? I'd love any suggestions from you folks, this is such a great creative cauldron!
I don't need it be much larger than it is now, but am perfectly willing to play if I love an idea that requires wide border(s). I have no specific plans for this quilt, it might go on my sofa, bed, or just be following me around the house... :roll: :lol: :D

salmonsweet, my fabric is similar to yours, except that it includes leopards, tigers, and giraffes...but the same color scheme. i've completed sewing my half-hexagons (okay, I'm way behind most of the folks on this thread) and am in the auditioning the layout stage. i made 72 blocks and plan to do some cubes...

Original fabric for OBW, 8" repeat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28874[/ATTACH]

On the design board...still moving hexes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28875[/ATTACH]

newestnana 03-24-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
Kyia
I really like your purple border and the wide pink border on the outer edge. Your arrangement of your blocks turned out nicely too. You should be proud of yourself. Congrats!

fireworkslover, could you direct me to the posting with the picture of the original fabric you used for your avatar OBW? It's beautiful!

sandpat 03-24-2010 03:32 PM

deranged....I just love your quilt! The stars are so different and that border...well....I was ooohing/awwing and then you mentioned "y seams".... :shock: :shock: Oh MY!!

mimisharon 03-24-2010 04:00 PM

NewestNana that is beautiful, it looks really stunning against the black...great job!

fireworkslover 03-24-2010 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by amma

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
here is my baby all done with borders. the triangle border took ALOT more brains than I am used to using, and a little hand sewing at those Y seams. WOW! I dont think I will be doing a border like that again.

I bought fabric to do another one the RIGHT way. lol now I need to figure out how big to cut it.

WOW!!! I love how you made stars out of your blocks and the triangle border is stunning!!! :D:D:D

I agree too! Nice work!