Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-layout-etc-t36954.html)

fireworkslover 03-24-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by newestnana

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
Kyia
I really like your purple border and the wide pink border on the outer edge. Your arrangement of your blocks turned out nicely too. You should be proud of yourself. Congrats!

fireworkslover, could you direct me to the posting with the picture of the original fabric you used for your avatar OBW? It's beautiful!

newestnana
My quilt "Parrots, Toucans, Macaws Oh My!" is on page 9 of "Freehand fmq feathers - great method" The original fabric is on the border. I made it to be a wallhanging and it can be hung either horizontally or vertically. I sewed the borders on, so when hung either direction, the top and bottom borders are right side up when you look at it. It was a fun print to work with and so very colorful. My son owns it now and it hangs on the wall above his computers.

salmonsweet 03-25-2010 05:11 AM

salmonsweet, my fabric is similar to yours, except that it includes leopards, tigers, and giraffes...but the same color scheme. i've completed sewing my half-hexagons (okay, I'm way behind most of the folks on this thread) and am in the auditioning the layout stage. i made 72 blocks and plan to do some cubes...

Oh nice. I like yours. There are three of us now, klnsmith with the beautiful luminous gold brown that looks like honeycomb to me, my amber with highlights, and now your cooler brown as well. I know it's African animal patterns but the first word that came to me was "wolf", like a precious silver, grey and brown wolfskin. Just saying what comes to me... :-D Can't wait to see how you decide to do the layout.

salmonsweet 03-25-2010 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
here is my baby all done with borders. the triangle border took ALOT more brains than I am used to using, and a little hand sewing at those Y seams. WOW! I dont think I will be doing a border like that again.

I bought fabric to do another one the RIGHT way. lol now I need to figure out how big to cut it.

Lovely to see this one again! I like the tile effect of it, this pattern always has me thinking of Moorish tiles in Spain. Nice border, too.

salmonsweet 03-25-2010 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by buffy2
Have my borders on and quilt top finished. It is not perfect but I am pleased. No More Ripping. CD thank you again for helping us to make this quilt. I had fun and am ready for the next one have the frabic ready.

Missed this one! Cool. I like the sort-of symmetry in this.

BKinCO 03-25-2010 02:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Done, done, done.

Not overly thrilled with the outcome, but I really wanted to get it done and in the mail to my dad.

Used cheap fabric for the backing ~ never again. Lesson learned, just one of a zillion I learned doing this.

Thanks again, Cutie, for all your help!!!

bailey 03-25-2010 02:51 PM

BKinCo your quilt turned out great. Who would know that there were little cabins in the forest in there? LOL

newestnana I love the colors in your blocks - can't wait to see the final layout!

amma 03-25-2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by salmonsweet
Catching up... sort of...

Finally done with sewing my cheetah hexagons together. 255 blocks took a loong time... I'll trim the edges straight once I'm ready to put border(s) on.

Wondering about borders now. I kind of like the look of it on the off-white sofa, so perhaps some off-white? And a dark brown binding? or something else entirely? I'd love any suggestions from you folks, this is such a great creative cauldron!
I don't need it be much larger than it is now, but am perfectly willing to play if I love an idea that requires wide border(s). I have no specific plans for this quilt, it might go on my sofa, bed, or just be following me around the house... :roll: :lol: :D

salmonsweet, my fabric is similar to yours, except that it includes leopards, tigers, and giraffes...but the same color scheme. i've completed sewing my half-hexagons (okay, I'm way behind most of the folks on this thread) and am in the auditioning the layout stage. i made 72 blocks and plan to do some cubes...

Your hex's are beautiful :D:D:D I love how you are going to add some cubes to it too!!! Good Job!!!

amma 03-25-2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Done, done, done.

Not overly thrilled with the outcome, but I really wanted to get it done and in the mail to my dad.

Used cheap fabric for the backing ~ never again. Lesson learned, just one of a zillion I learned doing this.

Thanks again, Cutie, for all your help!!!

Your DD is going to love his new quilt!!! It turned out beautiful!!! Ya did great!!! :D:D:D

wvdek 03-25-2010 03:08 PM

deranged- Your hex quilt is lovely. Aren't they fun?

sandpat 03-25-2010 03:13 PM

BK...that is really pretty!