Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-layout-etc-t36954.html)

buffy2 02-22-2010 05:19 PM

Woody . It is fantastic .I have a few more blocks to sew.I love to be able to do the cubes. I love how you have them alltogether The next one I do I have to learn how to make the cubes

mimisharon 02-22-2010 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
No I didn't do them yet, I am still stuck on fabric, though I think I have it worked out, What size first boarder are you going to use?

I'm not real sure yet, I'm thinking a narrow of the purple, larger of the blue, with the mini blocks on the corners??? I'm still sewing strips but I like to think on the next step as I'm working on the one. I'm weird maybe, but I don't like to leave my thinking to the end. I really like the purple against that blue now. I didn't think I would but it's grown on me.
hugs

cutebuns 02-22-2010 05:41 PM

When working in the end pieces, and or if you have a few extra pieces that you want in the borders, you just need to cut the boarder strip on the 60 degree, a bit of math will be included in figuring out how big your strips are to match. that is for the ones that have the whole piece into the boarder, the other edges, the pointy ones, it is best to use the other end of the super 60 if you have it and measure what size strip you need and then cut the triangles from that. I will have pictures tomorrow. or you can line your ruler up along the pointy ones and cut them off.

mimisharon 02-22-2010 05:47 PM

CUT them off? Oh, no, i don't think I could make myself do that! I'll have to use the calculator, but maybe I can work it out. I'll have to see how big it is.

Don't stay up late tonight working on it. I'm babysitting for my friend's grandbabies in the morning so I won't be able to do much till tomorrow night anyway. I still have strips to sew together.

Hugs

cutebuns 02-22-2010 05:50 PM

I will sit down and do some math tomorrow as well with mine and see if there is a good way to figure it out. If I am in a hurry I cut them off, if not I fill them in. The ruler makes it easier for sure. I don't like cutting them off either, it makes some small pieces and I haven't figured out what I would do with them.

deranged_damsel 02-23-2010 08:04 AM

I cant bring myself to cut off the pointy parts! I think Im going to add triangles in border fabric then cut that off. Im not GREAT with math :roll:

mimisharon 02-23-2010 10:48 AM

aaaccchhhh, I don't want to cut anything but points off. Am I crazy?

cutebuns 02-23-2010 01:26 PM

Well, we are having Internet issues again so we are trying a new router and it won't recognize the Internet for whatever reason. I do have pictures but they will have to wait. Here is what I have figured though. Very little math. And maybe double check with paper before cutting. Measure half the width of the block. Unsewn. And add 1/4 inch for the strip to cut the triangles out of. Now for those with the super 60. Use the opposite end of it. The rest can use the 30 degree mark on their ruler like you did the 60.

cutebuns 02-23-2010 01:27 PM

So the easiest way is to put one on each end that you need it on and then sew you strips together.

obie2 02-23-2010 01:57 PM

I just tried to send pics of my layout. I haven't a clue as to where they wound up at. I'll try again. I don't know where to go from here. How do I get these hexes sewn together. Is there an easy way of keeping track of which direction I'm going in or what row? I think I'm lost. I have been reading what has been posted here, but I am not understanding.