Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tired of quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tired-quilting-t124506.html)

Dolphyngyrl 05-20-2011 02:29 PM

No because i rarely have time for it so I don't burn out

QuiltnNan 05-20-2011 02:29 PM

i take breaks to do other things. then i wait for a new inspiration.

gunny148 05-20-2011 02:30 PM

I'm there now, cant get my stuff together, just not in the mood or something

bjnicholson 05-20-2011 02:36 PM

I wish I were burned out. Our place has been torn up since Feb while my son puts down new flooring. I need to get going because I have a king-size to make for my DN who's getting married on Oct 1st. Maybe this weekend we can get the living back out of the dining room and straighten up my sewing area/dining room. I'm crossing my fingers!

dgmoby 05-20-2011 02:37 PM

When Spring/Summer roll around, I seem to feel happy to put down my quilting and begin working outside in the gardens more. I love being outdoors. I think of quilting now as my colder weather activity and summer for out of doors type activities. This keeps it fresh and new for me. I rarely have time to quilt in the spring/summer, as I stay pretty busy outside the majority of the time. But, I did have to learn that it's OK to put it up for awhile, and when I get ready, it's all waiting on me - and I'm ever so happy to get back into it! Maybe you need a summer break?

Just my thoughts...
Debbie in Austin

Melody 05-20-2011 02:48 PM

I totally agree with everything you said, Debbie.
Besides it's been a nasty winter... get outside and enjoy the warmer temps!!

Melody 05-20-2011 02:50 PM

Well, I see you are in Calif.!! I guess your winter was probably better than mine. Nevertheless, go outside and do something fun.

Diana Lynne 05-20-2011 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by stephaniequeen
Does anyone quilt too much and then find themselves tired of quilting...burned out? Or is it just me?

Not burned out, just can not seem to get the "get up and go" with the quilt I am working on..I need to make myself sit down and just work on it :lol:

GrammaBabs 05-20-2011 03:06 PM

i did that today to finish up and "bam" broke my needle in the machine, DH has fixed as far as he can tonight, but the needle won't pick up the bobbin thread, i'm afraid i've done something horrible... will have to break out another machine,,, (but i want my favorite Elna from 1981!!)... oh well, if he can't fix it, it's off to a repair guy... i hate that,,, too pricy.... if i've wrecked it, that a good reason to buy the Bailey for my quilt frame and use the Janome 1600 for my "workhorse"... LOL
This year has been a bummer for doing anything... but i persevere.... i always do something on Monday when our group gets together... that helps a lot... a good group...
I also knit or crochet EVERY night... that's a given for me,, and breaks up the sewing.........

caliquocat 05-20-2011 03:13 PM

I sometimes think I've made enough quilts but I don't stop looking online at fabric. That's the downfall, I LOVE fabric, always have. You know the rest of the story.