Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Too many hobbies? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-many-hobbies-t194307.html)

sassey 07-11-2012 01:01 PM

I too have many crafts I crochet make jewelry bead embroidery cross stitch scrapbook make cards and do a lot of paper crafting as well as work with clay but I quilt the most for now anyway tomorrow who knows what will catch my attention My all time favorite is anykind of crafting with really young kids

momto5 07-11-2012 01:15 PM

You're normal...whatever that is! I quilt, "regular" sew (when I can't get out of it...), repair and alter clothing and other things, keyboard, play a full-sized organ, into photography, reading, etc. In short, everything but what I SHOULD be doing. My house is a wreck but I sure have a good time! So have fun and enjoy what you're doing!!!!

nygal 07-11-2012 01:49 PM

Oh I forgot.. to put Machine embroidery, card making and weaving on my first list. I'm not crazy about weaving but I've had a Cricket Loom for about six months.:o I've done quilling too.

burchquilts 07-11-2012 02:00 PM

When it comes to hobbies, I think "more is more". In addition to quilting (which is my main hobby focus), I also do cross-stitch, make soap & candles, garden (when my knee will let me) & am a voracious reader.

Pat625 07-11-2012 03:05 PM

I love most all crafts..and if variety makes you happy, it is just perfect for you..Right now quilting is my main passion, but if that changes so be it!!

KarenR 07-11-2012 03:07 PM

I'm just like that.

hopetoquilt 07-11-2012 03:10 PM

I keep very focused...
quilting: I do hand applique, piecing, paper piecing, and machine quilting. I do NOT do fabric folding, machine applique, hand quilting, embroidery, anything with Y seams... AND I do not "collect fabric" but instead buy for each project and keep a small supply of scraps (when it gets big, I make a scrap quilt). I generally use batiks and brights. I avoid homespuns, WOW, and some other fabrics. By limiting quilting to the parts I love, I keep the hobby fun.

weight lifting: I work out at the gym and use a trainer about 2x/month. I don't buy extra equipment or take classes.

cooking: I "eat clean" and am experimenting with trying a ton of new recipes and working toward eliminating all packaged/processed foods.

I have actually listed what I am interested in doing vs. what I admire. It keeps me focused and having fun. I also don't like doing anything "halfway" and I don't have alot of extra money or time so my strategy works for me.

barny 07-11-2012 03:11 PM

I don't see anything wrong with having many hobbies. One day do one and the next day another. Somedays I feel like sewing and others cooking and others painting. As we get older we can cut out some or not.

joysewer 07-11-2012 03:54 PM

I like to do different things too. I WILL NOT get into scrapbooking because I already have enough different things I like to do!!

GrandmaNewt 07-11-2012 04:02 PM

One can never have too many Hobbies! For me its quilting, garment sewing, crocheting. cooking, smoking foods in our smoker, and recently I have been looking at embroidery machines just in case I need something else to do! The only problem with too many hobbies, I tend to have a few UFO's around the house because I have stopped in mid project to start another one!