Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   too much fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-much-fabric-t34857.html)

Oklahoma Suzie 01-25-2010 01:17 PM

I'll be selling off some of mine soon.

postal packin' mama 01-25-2010 11:51 PM

new strain of Quilter's Pox called

SABLE -- "Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy".

It's very easy to catch. No known cure...

Quilt Mom 01-26-2010 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I usually weight till the clerk offers me the rest at remant price so she doesn't have to put it back. and yes, i add to my stash all the time, or should i say piles!

Agreed!

DollyRose 01-26-2010 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by bibiche

me:"I'll just take all of it. I'm sure I can find something to do with it."
saleswoman:"Yeah, like pile it on top of all that fabric you already have."
:|
:oops:

Here would be my response: well, my fabric stash at home gets hungry from time to time...
:lol:

kjym 01-26-2010 07:20 PM

Oh I love your room with the shelves. I have most of my fabric in bins. The problem is they are all piled up. Why is it what I want is always on the bottom? Oh you should be proud of yourself being so organized. Oh do I wish I could be that way.
You would love this. I saw some fabric I fell in love with the other day. I bought a couple of yards and when I got home and decided where it put it. I already had some of it. No wonder I liked it.
Now that's getting pretty bad huh?
Keep up the good work. Kathy

ctmhjenn 01-26-2010 10:30 PM

As a note of interest, I called a sign shop the other day, and they sell the coroplast in 4x8 sheets at a specific price. One local shop quoted me $32 a sheet and the one I bought from charged me $22. They cut it into 4x4 pieces and my husband then cut them into 8x12 pieces for me, and I am now in the process of putting my 2+ lengths on the boards. I love it! At this point, too much fabric,,YES! At least at this point I am over-whelmed. My husband did make me pigeon holes, just like you see at the quilt shops, to put my fq's in and that is working fanntastic too. But, I have not even made a dent. As for sorting pieces..by size, NOT..going there yet. But I love what I am doing and am excited to see the finished end.

Quilt Mom 01-27-2010 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by kjym
I saw some fabric I fell in love with the other day. I bought a couple of yards and when I got home and decided where it put it. I already had some of it. No wonder I liked it.

I think we all have done this. I was looking through my (unorganized) stash recently, and found a wonderful piece of blue& white for a project. As I was looking for a coordinating piece, I found another piece of the blue & white... I abandoned my stash at that point, walking away, shaking my head...

ProLongarmARTQUILTER 01-23-2011 06:39 PM

Well !!! How rude of the sales lady! Was she trying to run the customers off???

Pat P 01-23-2011 06:52 PM

It's fabric or chocolate, take your pick!!

bgullett 01-23-2011 06:56 PM

Is there such a thing as to much fabric?