Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: too much fabric

It must be bad when the people who work in the fabric store think you have too much fabric. My local fabric store was having a sale. I wanted two yards of a certain fabric, but well, there were only four yards total and it was only $2 a yard...

me:"I'll just take all of it. I'm sure I can find something to do with it."
    saleswoman:"Yeah, like pile it on top of all that fabric you already have."
    :|
    :oops:

Well... you're in the right place here...

Don't judge me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't help it if I love fabric. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OK, maybe it's and addiction. I can stop anytime I want. (OK I can't) You are just one of us. A fabric junkie.

It is very addicting!! I feel like I need to buy something all the time now, I never realized this is what would happen!

LOL. Been there, done that. They sill want to sell to me though!!!

I was at the Mill End Textile store yesterday and they have some of the designer fabrics for about half the quilt shops. I so wanted so much of it but managed to restrain myself! I'm not allowed to start anything new until I finish a couple of projects. :0( They had this gorgeous batik for $4/yd! Just don't know what I would have done with it!

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    Don't judge me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't help it if I love fabric. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OK, maybe it's and addiction. I can stop anytime I want. (OK I can't) You are just one of us. A fabric junkie.
    Welcome to the world of addiction Hello My Name Is Teresa and I am addicted to all of the known quilting addictions and I am a Newbie....

One can never have too much fabric. I am a self confessed fabricholic.

Quote Originally Posted by bibiche
    It must be bad when the people who work in the fabric store think you have too much fabric. My local fabric store was having a sale. I wanted two yards of a certain fabric, but well, there were only four yards total and it was only $2 a yard...

me:"I'll just take all of it. I'm sure I can find something to do with it."
    saleswoman:"Yeah, like pile it on top of all that fabric you already have."
    :|
    :oops:
    ew, bibiche, you got a hold of one of them jealous cutters for yourself!:mrgreen:
    I have a room full of fabrics and DD and I were talking once about the teasing I get.
    I said, "For all they know, I'm a fabric collector and what difference does it make if I use it all or not, as long as I am enjoying myself?"
    DD completely agreed it was my hobby and I could do as I please, if that meant never finishing another doggone thing. That is only one of the many reasons I love her so much :XD:

Ah, home sweet home. Thanks all, I feel much better. ;)

Well I am new here but as a serious fabric collector, I feel so at home. :-D Could the lady at the Fabric Shop maybe be jealous of you?

I am with you gals, these are my antiques. I am displaing them throughout my home, and they blend in so well. I would not want 2 give up any of my beautiful things and like any antique collector, i am always searching for that special piece. agreed????? lol

Bibi..... I do the same thing.... buy the end of the bolt. I guess I just feel bad that a little tiny bit will have to end up there--

MNquilter.. gosh I haven't been to Mill End for years! Used to go there to stock up on fleece when I was making mittens like crazy. Now I don't dare drive NEAR the fabric warehouse in Brooklyn Park... my car automatically wants to drive in there! I'll be in that neighborhood tomorrow and I'll really have to restrain myself! Except that DD and I might have to go in there to check out same fabric--mostly tulle for a wedding veil!

Blog Entries
    IT is a SICKNESS! I am telling you...I can't leave work without something in my hands....

Blog Entries
    we are not the crazy ones.

an employee in a shop that sells fabric who makes snide remarks about the amount a customer buys is a heckuva lot crazier than all of us put together.

Well, All I can say is has anyone looked in her sewing room?

My sister doesn't even sew or quilt and she collects fabrics. Of course, if I go there, she lets me have anything I want. I have been collecting fabric for about 20+ years and yes, I buy more than I Use. But hey, that;s okay! I am a Quilter! I NEED fabric!

Blog Entries
    Too much fabric???? No such thing. DH says he has it writing that I am not going to buy any more fabric. The funny thing is he sure was unable to produce it when we got to JoAnne's yesterday.

Blog Entries
    I read the title of the message..."Too Much Fabric"
    my 1st was thought was.....NO! lol
    But seriously when I came home from the LQS the other day and realized I needed to start another storage bin and then no place to put it...HI My Name Is Dee and I AM A Fabric Queen!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I'm with Patrice on this! I can't believe the employee made that remark!! I would for sure have had some kind of a comeback, if only that my purchases alone are paying her salary, so she should think of me as her best friend!! A comment like that would make me avoid the store, unless the fabric was just too good to miss! But I must confess, that I am at this very moment in the process of moving, and I have at least 8 large bins of fabric! :shock:

Well, I see that comment in a different way. If one of my friends who owns one of two LQS around here said it, I'd say that's fine because we often joke around about it and I could say the same about one of them. If it was someone I didn't know and was said in a snippy tone, that's different. It's all in the tone and the relationship, I think.
    lots2do

If I get to a fabric store - and they have their fabrics on sale for $2.00 per yard...I'm in trouble.....based on the prices here that would be almost giving it away - I'd personally buy anything and everything I could get.....hire a truck if I had to..... LOL......You would never see that kind of sale here......

My reply would be "It's non of your business how much fabric I have. Just cut it and let me be".

If the sales people had any sense (regarding sales) they would have encouraged you. I know for myself the imagination is endless as to what you can do with extra material. Perhaps she was not equipped with creativity....wonder why she works there????

The nice thing for me with my dh is that I tell him when I have as much fabric as he has bullets, then he can complain. (He NEVER has though.) Last night he walked into my fabric room and his eyes got really big. He just said, WOW! Looks like you got a lot of work in here to do, then walked out. Never a word about how much fabric. (I still have several more containers of fabric that haven't made it into this room yet to get organized.) Prior to this last month, I didn't really have any place to put my fabric where it could be organized, so my stash grew in large part because I didn't know where my fabric was, so I had to buy more when I wanted to do a project. Now, when I think about sewing, I can just walk downstairs and "shop" in my fabric room. Hallelujah!

Organizing my fat quarters and larger cuts
    Name:  Attachment-64262.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  166.6 KB

My medium sized cuts (1yrd-2yrds)
    Name:  Attachment-64263.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  168.4 KB

Messy, messy, messy
    Name:  Attachment-64265.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  48.8 KB