Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   too much fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-much-fabric-t34857.html)

lots2do 01-23-2010 04:40 AM

Well, I see that comment in a different way. If one of my friends who owns one of two LQS around here said it, I'd say that's fine because we often joke around about it and I could say the same about one of them. If it was someone I didn't know and was said in a snippy tone, that's different. It's all in the tone and the relationship, I think.
lots2do

Lockeb 01-23-2010 05:34 AM

If I get to a fabric store - and they have their fabrics on sale for $2.00 per yard...I'm in trouble.....based on the prices here that would be almost giving it away - I'd personally buy anything and everything I could get.....hire a truck if I had to..... LOL......You would never see that kind of sale here......

Boston1954 01-23-2010 06:34 AM

My reply would be "It's non of your business how much fabric I have. Just cut it and let me be".

Christine M. Scheppard 01-23-2010 06:52 AM

If the sales people had any sense (regarding sales) they would have encouraged you. I know for myself the imagination is endless as to what you can do with extra material. Perhaps she was not equipped with creativity....wonder why she works there????

MistyMarie 01-23-2010 07:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The nice thing for me with my dh is that I tell him when I have as much fabric as he has bullets, then he can complain. (He NEVER has though.) Last night he walked into my fabric room and his eyes got really big. He just said, WOW! Looks like you got a lot of work in here to do, then walked out. Never a word about how much fabric. (I still have several more containers of fabric that haven't made it into this room yet to get organized.) Prior to this last month, I didn't really have any place to put my fabric where it could be organized, so my stash grew in large part because I didn't know where my fabric was, so I had to buy more when I wanted to do a project. Now, when I think about sewing, I can just walk downstairs and "shop" in my fabric room. Hallelujah!

Organizing my fat quarters and larger cuts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64267[/ATTACH]

My medium sized cuts (1yrd-2yrds)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64268[/ATTACH]

Messy, messy, messy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64270[/ATTACH]

Christine M. Scheppard 01-23-2010 07:24 AM

OMG! That is beautiful.....I feel the same as when I am in a library....I am motivated!!!!

MistyMarie 01-23-2010 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Christine M. Scheppard
OMG! That is beautiful.....I feel the same as when I am in a library....I am motivated!!!!

How funny. It was actually another thread on this board that got me motivated to start organizing this room. :-)

margaret light 01-23-2010 07:29 AM

My goodness what a wonderful "stash", which brings to mind what will our children think if/when something happens to us? My DD is not at all inclined to sew, so it will either go in the "box" with me or be donated!!! Bea

Ninnie 01-23-2010 07:31 AM

too much fabric, are 3 words quilters should never use!!
LOL , not much of a salesman there.

jacee kay 01-23-2010 07:47 AM

I have decided I have to buy now so when I get uh?95 or so and can't get out to buy fabric I won't run out. At least that is my story and I't sticking to it.DH just laughs and says "whatever" and I just keep finding more that I can't live without.