Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Trends you've seen come and go...and come back again (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/trends-youve-seen-come-go-come-back-again-t257728.html)

quiltjoey 12-04-2014 06:15 PM

I have just acquired the Aunt Grace's Flower Garden pattern which a friend of mine had made. She went with me and helped me pick out all the 30-40's fabric for it!! UFOs: Have a Sun Bonnet Sue in progress. Also a snowball and a Dresden star and a 2 Dresden plate and love star blocks but some are a lot of trouble with all those points and such. Have made one rag quilt out of flannel and just love it on my bed on these now cold nights! I like old-fashioned, modern, bright colors, batiks, so I guess I like them all; old or new! :D

MaryMo 12-04-2014 06:25 PM

I wonder when homespun fabric will come in again. Quilters destashing have a lot of it for sale at great prices. Another is quilts made from polyester fabric. Thank goodness homeless shelters like quilts made from it because it is almost indestructible .... as well as dog shelters.

SulaBug 12-05-2014 01:06 AM

The Dear Jane quilt pattern comes & goes just like all of the rest of them, but is still a favorite of most quilter's.
:D :D :D :D

Sandygirl 12-05-2014 04:43 AM

The Sonoma dept at Kohls takes me back to high school days in the 1970's! Lurex sweaters, large cowl neck sweaters, dusty colors, smock tops. All so "yesterday". Yuck.

Folded Star quilt blocks are back! Check out Plum Easy Patterns. And chenille.

Sandy

coopah 12-05-2014 05:48 AM

Takes about 25-30 years for 'old' to become 'new' again.

kathidahl 12-05-2014 07:16 AM

my wardrobe

Originally Posted by Sandygirl (Post 6995539)
The Sonoma dept at Kohls takes me back to high school days in the 1970's! Lurex sweaters, large cowl neck sweaters, dusty colors, smock tops. All so "yesterday". Yuck.]
Sandy

LOL....so guess I kept my clothes long enough... guess I wear what I have and like rather than follow "fashion"..rather spend $ on fabric...

tessagin 12-05-2014 07:26 AM

One of our LQSs has an abundance of fabric. I met the owner and had quite a conversation. She stated there were some fabrics she wasn't crazy about but she buys according to the varied tastes of her clients/customer/friends. She sells a lot of fabrics whether she likes them or not! She sends emails asking for suggestions. Only a couple times did I go into her shop and she didn't have what I hoped for. She made a note and let me know that she ordered it because some one else may have wanted and not seen and not said anything. When she gets it in, she emails to let us aware of what is new in the shop.

maryellen2u 12-06-2014 01:48 AM

I just don't understand the word "modern" quilting. When quilters started using rotary cutters; was that modern? No seriously!

Sandygirl 12-06-2014 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 6995754)
One of our LQSs has an abundance of fabric. I met the owner and had quite a conversation. She stated there were some fabrics she wasn't crazy about but she buys according to the varied tastes of her clients/customer/friends. She sells a lot of fabrics whether she likes them or not! She sends emails asking for suggestions. Only a couple times did I go into her shop and she didn't have what I hoped for. She made a note and let me know that she ordered it because some one else may have wanted and not seen and not said anything. When she gets it in, she emails to let us aware of what is new in the shop.

Good business woman.

sandy

PatPitter 12-06-2014 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by maryellen2u (Post 6996611)
I just don't understand the word "modern" quilting. When quilters started using rotary cutters; was that modern? No seriously!

I'm confused when I see the term "modern quilting" applied because there are solids used. I thought that was "Amish quilting". lol