Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Trip to Mary Jo's In Gastonia NC (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/trip-mary-jos-gastonia-nc-t158748.html)

Quilty-Louise 10-08-2011 01:54 PM

It has been about 20 or so years since I was at Mary Jo's.

My ex-MIL and I use to drive down there about 3-4 times
a year we lived on Lake Norman (in Sherrills Ford).

Of course I have been gone from NC since August 1998.

Xstitshmom 10-08-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr

Originally Posted by dphelps
The weather is beautiful here. Hope it stays that way. Clear skies and 60's-70's day,40's-50's night. Have a safe trip. KNOW you will have fun at MaryJo's.

How far is Gastonia from Durham? Family living there and perhaps I might just be able to make a visit one time.

About 3 1/2 hours. I live a little bit south of Charlotte and my daughter lives in Durham. Takes us about 3 1/2 hours to make the trip. Gastonia might be a smidge further.

martyquilter 10-08-2011 02:18 PM

I was just there yesterday... the new Targe is indeed open, and Dicks.. good places to leave the husbands!!! I think there is a New Longhorn Steakhouse & an Olive Garden right there also... fabric seemed to be about 2 to 3$$$ cheaper than quilt shops.. did also go to Sew Much Fun, which is the other store someone was talking about.. very nice ladies & they have wonderful fabrics & Bernina machines if you are looking for something for yours..... Have fun ladies, be careful driving, and show us your bounty when you return!!!

sheliab12 10-08-2011 02:57 PM

Oh I love to go there. I am in FL too but just came from there. Can you tell me where the Long Creek Mills are at. Thanks

harvsstuff 10-08-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by sheliab12
Oh I love to go there. I am in FL too but just came from there. Can you tell me where the Long Creek Mills are at. Thanks

The name of the thread store is Long Creek Mills located off of Exit 14 , I -85 South. Get off exit turn right, go to intersection , Franklin Blvd, turn left, take your next left at light,Webb St, store in on your right hand side,after the florist shop. Its small but has the best selection of serger thread, machine emb. thread, stabilizers, disposable bobbins etc. Worth the trip.

vickimc 10-08-2011 03:27 PM

enjoy and have fun. I need to make a trip up there soon. there is an Ikea somewhere up there, now.

Buzzy Bee 10-08-2011 03:42 PM

Have fun girls !!!!
I've been 2 times before I started quilting....
Can t wait to go again.
i'm saving my $$$$$ to go...

Bonnie P 10-08-2011 03:51 PM

My DH and I went there from my town in NY State and it was a 10 hour drive. Of course we also visited friends and family in the area for 5 days.
I love they way her fabrics are all categorized.
Have fun.

martyquilter 10-08-2011 03:54 PM

Ikea is at exit 43 up toward Concord...

Bren 10-08-2011 04:12 PM

Girls' road trip, woohoo!!