Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   True Confessions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/true-confessions-t115887.html)

Gabrielle's Mimi 04-14-2011 07:39 AM

I tear pattern out of mymagazines and file them in plastic sleeves that I put into 3 or 4" binders. I have dozens of binders and bags full of magazines that I haven't yet cut up. It's daunting! I know I'll never live long enough to use all these patterns, but it's an addiction.

grammysharon 04-14-2011 09:03 AM

I agree with this one. I don't know what I think I am going to do with all these small pieces of batting. Maybe a quilt as you go pattern.

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
Maybe small pieces of batting. I should find a project that uses small pieces in some sort of quilt as you go quilt. Then again, they are stored on the top shelf out of the way in my fabric room, so there's no hurry!

:)

angelarose 04-14-2011 09:59 AM

Sooooo many scraps. I try to organize them, but I think I'm fighting a losing battle. This siize. That size. Oh it's too big to be a scrap. Wait a minute, maybe it's a strip. Yes, I could put this with the other strips, or should I put it with like colors that include scraps and some pieces the birds could use to build nests?
This can make me crazy, so I just collect scraps. Several bags of them.

Victoria L 04-14-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by LivelyLady

Originally Posted by Rose L
Ideas. I have more ideas than I'm ever going to get to in my lifetime!

Me too!

Count me in too! I have pieces of paper with sketches all over the place. :)

jcp51542 04-14-2011 11:02 AM

i am a flower person and would love to have some. my email is [email protected] please email me with you have and how much and how many yards they are ok.
thanks
janet

tinliz 04-14-2011 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Hideous print corduroy. Two different prints. I should start using them as backings for wall-hangings or table runners. Hey, I think my mom gave that stuff to me. Would that be considered re-gifting?

Corduroy makes great fabric for school bags for missions.
Gift your corduroy to a Lutheran Church.
Better still check out the Lutheran World Relief site for the pattern and make the bags.
Other churches probably do the same, but this is the one I know about.

JudeWill 04-14-2011 12:52 PM

Too much of? :lol: Is that possible?

wildyard 04-14-2011 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by cctx.

Originally Posted by gunny148
peices lots of small peices, i have walmart bags full i know i have 4 just at my cutting table alone, quilting sharps i have more on my wall than Hobby Lobby has.

Me too, more cutting patterns, more pieces......!

Ohhhh the scrappy quilts you both can make. I LOVEEEEEEE scraps.

wildyard 04-14-2011 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by angelarose
Sooooo many scraps. I try to organize them, but I think I'm fighting a losing battle. This siize. That size. Oh it's too big to be a scrap. Wait a minute, maybe it's a strip. Yes, I could put this with the other strips, or should I put it with like colors that include scraps and some pieces the birds could use to build nests?
This can make me crazy, so I just collect scraps. Several bags of them.

Scraps are not for collecting, the are for sewing up into wonderful scrappy quilts!!! Get out those bags and make something fun and special soon!!!

gunny148 04-14-2011 01:22 PM

I know how that feels when you mix the meds, i did once, my was looking for me i was asleep at the machine, it was not on..