Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   True Confessions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/true-confessions-t115887.html)

PurplePassion 04-14-2011 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
I have an issue with insomnia and when you mix pain pills with it my mind is well lets just say I tend to get a lot of surprises. I have ordered the same fabric books etc all the time. So I have duplicates of some! I also buy seconds of fabrics because if I like the fabric to the point I don't want to cut then I can keep it and cut the seconds!!!

Hey, I like your thinking on this . If I really like the fabric , I am going to buy extras- so I can cut some and save some.

mhansen6 04-14-2011 05:47 AM

I used to collect Christmas ornaments, but since my daughter passed away we don't put up a tree anymore. So I have cupboards full of Christmas ornaments, that I really don't want to get rid of, taking up space I could use for my quilting supplies. I know I need to find another spot for them.

ruck9085 04-14-2011 05:53 AM

Scraps, scraps and more scraps; of every color! A while back I got ambitious and sorted the scraps into hues; reds, blues, greens, yellows, purples, pinks, yada, yada, yada. Decided I would make a Dresden Plate with them, THEN found the tutorial on here for a machine sewn Cathedral Window and took some of my larger pieces for that, THEN discovered a whole JoAnn bag of red, black and white fabric I had cut at my local LQS for an Irish Chain, and THEN found a work boot box full of red, black, grey and white!
So, scraps, lots of scraps!!

echobluff 04-14-2011 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by cizzors
I also have too much blue....Splain something to me-I hate blue. No blue in the house, don't wear it (except for jeans), I even had my boy dog on a hot pink leash (don't ask)!. Why is it that when I start a new project, If I'm not looking for a green, I'm always reaching for a blue before any other color?

BTW-I hate blue!!! :roll:

I'm still not sure...do you maybe hate blue??? LOL
:-D

dixiechunk 04-14-2011 06:17 AM

LOL - that's me all over!

Originally Posted by Rose L
Ideas. I have more ideas than I'm ever going to get to in my lifetime!

dixiechunk 04-14-2011 06:22 AM

Gadgets and geehaws. Not too long ago I went thru all my boxes, bins, bags, totes, sacks, drawers, etc. and found 46 (yes, I did actually say 46!) replacement rotary cutter blades. I am also the one with enough freezer paper to cover a football field...couldn't find any locally one day and ordered a 48lb box from a restaurant supply business!

alissa 04-14-2011 06:28 AM

magazines

nab 04-14-2011 06:58 AM

I have LOTS of rose fabric. My favorite is pink roses. It always is my first choice. My other can't seem to live without are scissors. I love scissors. I really seem to have a soft spot for these two things. I also have too many books, too many fat quarters, and most of all too much fabric. My husband calls it my disease. He does say it with a laugh. I could not ask for a better husband than the one I have had for 43 years.

My time 04-14-2011 07:11 AM

Grey hair, have to dye it every 8 to 10 weeks otherwise I have the dreaded skunk streak.

sueven 04-14-2011 07:36 AM

Flannel, I have yards and yards of it. I make pjs and rag quilts and regular quilts out of it. so I buy it all the time.