Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   True Quilting Confessions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/true-quilting-confessions-t113774.html)

pollym44 04-06-2011 05:52 AM

Don't pray for the one who will receive the quilt I'm making.

redeagle 04-06-2011 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by PABerard
Have not dusted the house in 5 weeks because it will cut into my quilting time. I asked everyone not to touch the "faux finish" on the tables and floors

How about 6 or more weeks? I tell everyone it is OK to autograph the dust, just please don't write the date! LOL

granniegg 04-06-2011 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltSage
Finish this sentence: I'm ashamed to admit that sometimes I...

Thanks to all the best replies ever, I laughed and laughed because there are people out there like me.

Rettie V. Grama 04-06-2011 06:06 AM

OK, I'll confess. I sometimes forget to make my bed, because I'm sewing.

dragonflyxlx 04-06-2011 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by lyndaloo
I'm a widow and I live alone, and I er..ahem SOMETIMES quilt all day in my jammies.....

Oh heck, I can beat that. I don't live alone and I don't wear jammies!!

I am ashamed to admit that I too often quilt in my jammies (I get up at 5am and sneak off to the machine), and when something came up in the middle of a project, I have been known to tuck my jammies into sweats and run to the fabric store. (very very bad :oops: .

ruck9085 04-06-2011 06:10 AM

I'm ashamed to admit it but I have this issue. Once I see what a quilt is going to look like finished, I get bored with it and start another. I'll bet I have ten quilts in various stages of donedom in my stash!

Rettie V. Grama 04-06-2011 06:10 AM

Well Gigi, my son told me I couldn't buy any more fabric until all my stash was gone. I havn't completely obeyed, but have curtailed much of my buying. I am now down to the point where what I have left is not something I really want to work with so am going to photograph all of it and sell in bulk. Not today, but sometime this week. So, if you are interested, just keep your computer running tuned to things to buy or sell.

Pieceful Quilter 04-06-2011 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rettie V.Grama
OK, I'll confess. I sometimes forget to make my bed, because I'm sewing.

Well, why bother really? You are just going to get back into it again anyway, right?

The only reason I bother to make the bed is because the quilt I currently have on it makes me happy, and I like walking past and seeing it!!

nab 04-06-2011 06:12 AM

Jim's Gem wrote:
"I am ashamed to admit that - I have more fabric than I can probably use in my lifetime and I keep buying more!"

This is me! But, today is lunch day with my quilting bud, and we will probably go to Joann's and I'm sure we will buy more fabric.

AllAboutScraps 04-06-2011 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Eliebelle
my personal favorite is getting rid of the evidence - LQS doesn't even bother to give me a receipt anymore! I have done most of the above at LEAST once. My worst is that I too spend WAY to much on fabric. Better that than Scotch.

Oh yes, much more productive to spend on fabric!!! LOL