Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/trying-decide-if-i-need-accuquilt-cutter-t95455.html)

celwood 02-01-2011 01:19 PM

I have had a GO for about six months and love it. I convert all the patterns I have to cut with the GO and only a few I have not been able to do. It saves a lot of time.

sheron 02-01-2011 01:37 PM

I got the go for Christmas and love it. It was ordered from Amozon.com and it will take you to a sight called fabric hut. It was the best price that we found.
I have had to return two of them because they broke. The people at fabric hut are very nice and good to exchange for you. The gentalman I spoke with thinks he got a bad batch in and even called the company that makes them to see what is going on. I do love the go and can cut a lot of pieces with it. The dies are expensive but well worth it for me. I have a hard time keeping things straight.

penski 02-01-2011 01:41 PM

i weighed it out also for about a month and guess what !!!! i got mine yesterday !!!!!

Prism99 02-01-2011 02:15 PM

Sassey, all I can say is -- get it NOW! You have to get those quilts made for the kids and grandkids! They will appreciate them a heck of a lot more than the money..... :P

VaNella 02-01-2011 02:21 PM

I use mine for apple core and tennessee waltz because cutting those from templates would drive me insane. I tried to cut stamps from scraps but found it easier to use the rotary cutter for those. I have now cut two complete kits and the top piece is worn out.

mswings 02-01-2011 02:56 PM

I just finished a pin wheel quilt that I cut out with my Accuquilt Studio. It was such a wonderful experience sewing perfectly cut HST. And I love cutting strips for boarders! It was very expensive but I don't regret it at all! As careful as I try to cut with a template or ruler, it always slides. And you can cut out about 10 layers at one time. I cut some 2 1/2 strips for my sister in law really quickly and they were all accurate. The reason I bought the Studio model was because it is better quality. You can also get dies on E-bay or watch for sales at Accuquilt. I never pay full price.

loria183 02-01-2011 03:02 PM

Hi!

I use the Altos Quilt Cut 2 and I love it. You can cut anything and everything - No templates to buy. :-)

Lori

Nanamoms 02-01-2011 03:07 PM

I've been trying to make the same decision but concerned that the dies are so expensive. But I know with my shaky hands it would probably be a lifesaver on certain days. I would probably only get the strips and squares dies because I can alway applique on my embroidery machine.

chiaraquilts 02-01-2011 03:22 PM

I just love mine. Cutting was always difficult for me and the difference is awesome. I have just started adjusting patterns so that they will work on the accuquilt- just so I know the results will be accurate. The piecing is so much more fun when everything goes together just right! Yes, it was pricey, but when I think of how much fabric I wasted (and the frustration!), it is sooo worth it. Ebay and Amazon are great for good prices.

galvestonangel 02-01-2011 03:23 PM

I have Alto's Quilt Cutter which I love. East to use and very versitle. If I had a no limit spending budget I would buy the Accuquilt. As it is I don't think I would get my moneys worth out of it.