Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tumbler Template Sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tumbler-template-sale-t116400.html)

Leota 04-15-2011 05:38 PM

I'm clueless.... what's a "Tumbler Template"? Is that a template for Tumbling Blocks?

Bev 04-15-2011 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
I'm clueless.... what's a "Tumbler Template"? Is that a template for Tumbling Blocks?

It's just a plastic template in the shape of a "tumbler" you know, a glass that's small at the bottom and wider at the top. Sort of very large thimble shaped.
8-)

Bev 04-15-2011 05:54 PM

I knew as soon as I had written my post that a lot of members would talk about making one yourself. And I really have made quite a few templates in my time. But I just love buying the nice thick ones that last for many years and don't get worn at the edges or cut easily by the rotary blade. I'm also a bit of a ruler nut. There's just no hope for me. I collect rulers as though they were going to disappear from the stores any day now. I agree there's nothing more economical than making one yourself. But I still love this tumbler template. Sorry ... I don't mean to be argumentative. 8-)

Rebecca VLQ 04-15-2011 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bev
I knew as soon as I had written my post that a lot of members would talk about making one yourself. And I really have made quite a few templates in my time. But I just love buying the nice thick ones that last for many years and don't get worn at the edges or cut easily by the rotary blade. I'm also a bit of a ruler nut. There's just no hope for me. I collect rulers as though they were going to disappear from the stores any day now. I agree there's nothing more economical than making one yourself. But I still love this tumbler template. Sorry ... I don't mean to be argumentative. 8-)

I love "real" rulers too...but if you can't get one, a stand in is GREAT to feed the need! :D

SundarKoyal 04-15-2011 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bev

I actually agree with you, now that I think about it. Because I am not sure that i could make one that is as accurate. I have tried making templates before but they never quite turned out as well as the thicker store bought ones, and usually they did not last as long either. Making my own might be a very temporary fix, but like you... I think I will hold off and buy the template when I can get one cheap and have a few bucks on me.

JanetWall 04-15-2011 06:55 PM

I ordered one today.

sueisallaboutquilts 04-15-2011 06:56 PM

I saw it today but didn't buy it. I'm tired of buying templates and rulers!!
But it doesn't stop me sometimes lol

Love the cat comment, haha, too funny! :D:D

Leota 04-15-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bev

Originally Posted by Leota

It's just a plastic template in the shape of a "tumbler" you know, a glass that's small at the bottom and wider at the top. Sort of very large thimble shaped.
8-)

OH OK :D

lovestosew 04-15-2011 07:39 PM

I got their newsletter too, and ordered it and some charm packs. Can't wait to get it.

quilty 69 04-16-2011 05:25 AM

Do they have a web site I could order the tumbler template from?