Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tumbler Template Sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tumbler-template-sale-t116400.html)

Bev 04-15-2011 02:53 PM

Have y'all gotten the latest newsletter from the Missouri Star Quilt Co. ?
They've got their Tumbler template on sale for $3.95. I hate to admit it, but when it first came out, just a very short while ago, I watched their tute and sent for one right away. It was $8.95 plus S&H. Grrr. That makes me so mad at myself! But the upside is that, regardless of the price, I love it anyhow. You can zip through a Tumbler quilt very quickly, using any kind of print or other fabrics, even scrappy and it looks great. I've had a lot of fun with it. It makes an adorable quilt or table runner. I don't work for them believe me, I just love their stuff, and their tutorials. 8-)

SundarKoyal 04-15-2011 03:05 PM

I saw that today too. But unfortunately, I cannot buy it yet because I am on a very tight budget right now. I have always wanted the tumbler template. Sigh, one day.

Rebecca VLQ 04-15-2011 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by SundarKoyal
I saw that today too. But unfortunately, I cannot buy it yet because I am on a very tight budget right now. I have always wanted the tumbler template. Sigh, one day.

You know what you do? Get a spring mix salad container lid or the plastic from a "Tidy Cat" bucket and cut your own.

FREE.

(that's what i did.)

SundarKoyal 04-15-2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ

Originally Posted by SundarKoyal

You know what you do? Get a spring mix salad container lid or the plastic from a "Tidy Cat" bucket and cut your own.

FREE.

(that's what i did.)

Ahaa! There is always a solution to any dilemma.

Rebecca VLQ 04-15-2011 04:05 PM

^^^The tidy cat...get the one that is the milky-colored plastic that is kinda like a milk jug, not the yellow one. You can TOTALLY see through it.

:D

SundarKoyal 04-15-2011 04:23 PM

That's a really good tip. Thanks!

sewingmom3 04-15-2011 04:25 PM

^^^The tidy cat...get the one that is the milky-colored plastic that is kinda like a milk jug, not the yellow one. You can TOTALLY see through it.

That means that I would have to go get a cat first :shock:

nativetexan 04-15-2011 04:36 PM

i made my own tumbler template out of some mylar plastic i had on hand. even cordboard would work.

Rebecca VLQ 04-15-2011 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by sewingmom3

That means that I would have to go get a cat first :shock:

:lol:

That would NOT be cheaper than buying the template. I, myself, have a cat. I should start saving all the sides to send to people.

ctack2 04-15-2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
i made my own tumbler template out of some mylar plastic i had on hand. even cordboard would work.

Totally off topic, but speaking of corkboard - I watched a video the other day where a lady had a tile of cork next to her sewing machine with a clover iron on it to press small seams while she was piecing. Thought it was a great idea!