Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Turn Master Bedroom into sewing room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/turn-master-bedroom-into-sewing-room-t176222.html)

cmputerdazed 01-21-2012 10:22 PM

Oh I think I would do it in a heartbeat. Sounds like it would work out well.

pittsburgpam 01-21-2012 10:41 PM

I already have a small fridge in the master bedroom. :) When my daughter and her 3 children lived here while her husband was deployed I spent a lot of time in there, practically lived in there.

I did some space planning and with the longarm in there it is still pretty tight. I read for one machine that it needs 14' x 7' of space for a 10' table (total length is 12' it says). That's half of the room. I do pantos so I need room behind the machine.

I watched the 3 grandkids this evening and I am green with envy about their house. The downstairs has a HUGE living/dining room and a HUGE family room plus a big, eat-in kitchen. A longarm would fit nicely even on the shortest wall in either room. Need to do some more fidling with it.

Annaquilts 01-21-2012 10:57 PM

Go for it! What is keeping you from it? Also no one would reallywould have to know unless you have quilters visiting your quilting room and they will probably love it. I see no need to change the other little room and take the walls out when you have a perfect room waiting for you. I would even toss the couch and a TV in there too. Have fun. Can't wait to see the pictures.

pittsburgpam 01-21-2012 11:49 PM

A plan

1 Attachment(s)
EQ7 isn't just good for designing quilts, it can design quilting rooms too. :) I used inches for feet and set blocks for items in the room.

That is the only room that I can lay quilts out on the foamboard on the floor for blocking (and keep the cat off of it) so I'd like the 4'x4' pressing surface to be on rollers so I can move it out of the way.

brushandthimble 01-22-2012 11:53 AM

looks like your have a plan and it coming together. will be waiting to see finished pictures:)

gramajo 01-22-2012 12:51 PM

:thumbup: Go for it! The plan looks great!

vondae 01-22-2012 01:02 PM

There's no one there to tell you you can't, so,I say go for it. Jump right in there and do it. Makes sense to me. You can alway use a smaller room for your bedroom. You're only sleeping in there once in awhile. Sound like it would make your quilting easier.

sewgarden 01-22-2012 01:06 PM

I think it sounds like a great idea. Maybe then you will make your bedroom special and it will be a nice place to sleep instead of on the couch. The sewing room will be nice and big for all your things. Have fun with your rearranging.

craft lover 01-22-2012 02:40 PM

I live alone in a two bedroom place and made the master my sewing room and I sleep in the small bedroom

grandma lo 01-22-2012 02:40 PM

Love the idea

I love the idea. I would do that in a heart beat myslef. I have thought about this many times (a husband interfers for now :-) I think the only down part would be the use of the master bath. I kind of like it so close to me at night. But if you are the only one in the house - who cares. You go Girl!!