Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Turn Master Bedroom into sewing room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/turn-master-bedroom-into-sewing-room-t176222.html)

EasyPeezy 01-19-2012 02:53 PM

Go for it! My sewing room is bigger than my bedroom. <shrug>

Stitchnripper 01-19-2012 02:58 PM

Totally agree with everyone. Do it!!

dunster 01-19-2012 03:20 PM

I wouldn't even think twice about it. Just do it.

Lori S 01-19-2012 03:28 PM

Hey..... most of the time spent in a master bedroom is sleeping ... so use the space for it best purpose when you are awake to enjoy it

NanaCsews2 01-19-2012 03:36 PM

I would say do it! And enjoy it! I have been going around and around deciding if we should take down the wall that divides the two bedrooms that I use for sewing also. But, according to our insurance co., if we did that we would be eliminating a bedroom and 4 bedrooms have more resale value than 3. A large closet would be eliminated in taking down the wall. A bedroom is a bedroom supposedly if there is a closet. I don't want to put the money into it either, even though it would be convenient having the extra large room and everything in one room. So, you have my vote! Can I be a little jealous of a 5 bedroom home all to yourself?

Gramie bj 01-19-2012 03:52 PM

Sounds like a good plan. Just don't take down the wall unless you don't care about resale value.

pittsburgpam 01-19-2012 04:04 PM

About the resale value... When I bought the house before it was built there was an option that the center bedroom be a loft. I know that there are many of the houses of this model that have the loft so they are 4 bedroom too. Mine would be 4 bedroom but all of them would be good sized rooms. It was also an option to have a big master suite with the master bedroom combined with the second largest bedroom and a fireplace. That would be a 4 bedroom house too. If I was turning a 4 bedroom into a 3 bedroom I think that would have much more impact.

I'm never going to get my money out of this house anyway. I'm underwater on the mortgage PLUS I put $70k down that I'll never see again.

mommaB 01-19-2012 04:08 PM

I live alone. I don't hang out in my bedroom!! I sleep there and get dressed there. I wouldn't hesitate one minute if it was the best place to sew (I took over the family room on the lower level for that). I have 3 other smaller bedrooms and I could easily shut my eyes in any one of them:)

Christine George 01-19-2012 04:11 PM

So what's a few cat hairs. All my quilts are lovingly interwoven with genuine American cat hair. Use the living room.

Emma S 01-19-2012 04:18 PM

I have to laugh, we are such enablers. I will be moving soon and I have already decided the largest bedroom will be my sewing room. I have mentioned this to realtors and they give me a very strange look. Only on this board could you consider this and everyone one think it was "normal".