Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Turning Twenty quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/turning-twenty-quilt-t178079.html)

Hands Sew Full 02-04-2012 05:25 PM

I was just looking for a Turning Twenty pattern any suggestions for sources? Thanks.

joyce888 02-04-2012 05:39 PM

That's exactly why I'm buying the Turning Twenty book tomorrow. I've got some large motif fabric that needs the big block pattern.

GrannieAnnie 02-05-2012 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ScrappyAZ (Post 4943186)
To get around the busy look of the Turning 20 quilt, I used some of the same fabric multiple times instead of using 20 different fat quarters. Using the same fabric added some continuity to the quilt, and I really like how the quilt turned out.

I've only used 8 or 9 FQs for personal sized quilt. I've use the 3 colors several times as I inherited a Big Bunch of perfectly cut 5 7/8" blocks. A few dozen of 8 different prints.

lfstamper 02-05-2012 05:17 PM

I just bought living large 2 which uses large designs. Some great patterns in there. Altering the turning twenty should be interesting so go for it.

scrapnut 02-11-2012 06:49 PM

I think I'm going to try it two different ways suggested - reducing the size of the block and repeating the same fabric rather than 20 separate fat quarters. I will start next week. I am soooo busy at work this coming week. I have to reserve my brain cells to focus on finishing training class I have attending. I have a big test on Friday. Three more days, complete the test successfully and class is finished - Monday, Wednesday and Friday!!! The count down has begun! I am thankful for the opportunity I have been given, but I am ready for it to be finished. :)

frarose 02-21-2012 10:13 AM

Don't forget to show us pictures :)

appliquequiltdesigns 06-05-2012 03:41 PM

Is the width of the rectangular blocks 1/2 the size of the square? For example if the square was 4 inches would the rectangular block widths by 2 inches?

quiltingcandy 06-05-2012 03:57 PM

I was too cheap to buy the pattern, so I found a picture on the internet and then figured out the block and how to cut the fabric. So if the basic block is going to be enlarged or reduced to the fabric you have. I liked being able to put 4 piece of fabric on top of each other and being able to cut them at the same time. Cutting time is quick - but the arrangement time is what takes forever for me. My favorite one was the one I did for a friend out of Halloween fabric - her birthday is 10/31 - so I embroidered a carved pumpkin with a Happy Birthday message embroidered under it. Then each block was outlined with black and yellow. It was quick & fun to do.

Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of it before giving it to her.

Lori S 06-05-2012 03:59 PM

I agree its has large pieces. .. but I reduced the Yellow Brick Road pattern as I thought it had pieces that were just too large.

MasonsDad 06-05-2012 04:08 PM

I used the turning twenty pattern and made a baby quilt with it by cutting all the blocks in half. It came outreal cute and was quick and easy. Being I am a beginner and needed a baby quilt in a hurry, it was perfect.