Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Two in one day (sigh) - price increases that is. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/two-one-day-sigh-price-increases-t106431.html)

Lori S 03-09-2011 08:09 PM

Thanks for keeping us infomed, from the inside. It really is appreciated, even though the news is not good.

Favorite Fabrics 03-09-2011 08:16 PM

Timeless had held their prices for at least the last half-year... which I thought was pretty good. But the increases are inevitable these days. It's just a matter of who goes first... and last.

caliquocat 03-09-2011 11:41 PM

The higher prices are all connected to the cost of shipping. Have you noticed the price of diesel fuel? Those big trucks get about 3-5 miles a gallon.

lots2do 03-10-2011 04:24 AM

One of my LQS owners reminded me that people are losing their jobs because of this, too. I can't remember the fabric company she mentioned but it is located in Rhode Island and two other places. Upper Management decided to close one location - wasn't the one in Rhode Island. I can decide whether or not to buy a piece of fabric. I feel for those who will be affected by this.

phatquilts2 03-10-2011 04:30 AM

Guess we just have to brace ourselves. :-(

earthwalker 03-10-2011 04:31 AM

Hey, you are not alone. We in the wonderful land of Aus. pay a lot too. Price rises weekly, 'specially petrol. As a frugal it drives me mad, but as much as I whinge...there are others doing it way tougher. I am thankful I have a roof over my head, food on my table and enough to cover the cost of living. It's times like these we have to remember the grassroots of quilting....recycle, upcycle, whatever...just keep stitching.

grann of 6 03-10-2011 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Timeless had held their prices for at least the last half-year... which I thought was pretty good. But the increases are inevitable these days. It's just a matter of who goes first... and last.

Well, 25 cents and 35 cents isn't as bad as I thought it would be. So if you buy 4 yards of fabric it will be only about a $ increase. Just got gas the other day, first time in 3 weeks; my 11 gallons was almost $2 more than last time. That adds up. All the more reason to internet shop with free shipping.

Marion Jean 03-10-2011 04:56 AM

The price of fabric nowadays has inspired me to "shop" in my stash closet - I just pulled out a queen size quilt kit that had the purchase date on it, 2006. Guess it's time to get going on this project LOL

ksea 03-10-2011 05:41 AM

I know the price of fabric going up is so going to hurt so many of us (and that is bad) but I just saw a peice on Good Morning America were a vial of medicine that women give themself injections of to prevent miscarriages just went from $20. to $1500. a vial because the government just ruled that only one company can sell it!!

Deborah12687 03-10-2011 06:43 AM

I look at our economy right now as one big ponsy scheme. eventually the prices are going to get so high the average person will not be able to afford there living. As far as my fabric stash I have set aside for quilting and sewing clothes. With a song and prayer lets hope that things won't get any worse. What goes up must come down eventually.