Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Two in one day (sigh) - price increases that is. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/two-one-day-sigh-price-increases-t106431.html)

Michellesews 03-10-2011 06:48 AM

when gas prices increase, everything increases...justified or not, just like gas...it is not justified, but what can you do? Try to be grateful for what we do have. Everytime we buy gas and DH says, OMG! I just say, thank you God, that we have the money to pay for what we really need....of course the want list is going down and the need list going up....but we really are so fortunate. One thing I am grateful for is that I am retired and I rarely MUST go anywhere and burn gas....I make my trips count. I feel for those who have a long commute and absolutely must burn gold in their tanks. You don't have to look far to find something to be greatful for.
Michelle G.

lisalovesquilting 03-10-2011 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S
Thanks for keeping us infomed, from the inside. It really is appreciated, even though the news is not good.

Yes, I also thank you.

DebsShelties 03-10-2011 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Just got the news this morning that Timeless Treasures is increasing their prices 35 cents / yard effective April 1.

And then later today I got the news that Maywood is raising theirs 25 cents / yard effective next week.

Just another FYI...

These are livable increases. Could be a whole lot worse, like several dollars a yard increase!

Favorite Fabrics 03-10-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Well, 25 cents and 35 cents isn't as bad as I thought it would be. So if you buy 4 yards of fabric it will be only about a $ increase...

Bear in mind that the price increases mentioned were at the wholesale, not retail level. For retailers that are doubling their wholesale cost, that would be a 50 - 75 cent increase.

Sophie2 03-10-2011 07:15 AM

Thanks for the information. DH and I are planning a mini-trip this weekend to some quilt shops. I was debating whether or not to increase my stash. Since it is hard to go into a shop and not buy anything, I am sure I will buy more fabric. Would hate to be the one that causes a shop to close! LOL. Besides, my stash does not require feeding or watering and it gives me pleasure to look at!

cmw0829 03-10-2011 07:18 AM

My LQS recently put out some new fabrics at $1 more a yard than their old price. I was pleased that the old fabrics were not repriced.

misseva 03-10-2011 11:23 AM

Here in Arkansas our General Assembly has proposed to temporarily increase the cost of diesel by 5 cents a gallon to help pay for road repairs. We're paying $3.67 a gal. now.

Linn 03-10-2011 02:53 PM

Cranston is in Rhode Island I think.

IBQUILTIN 03-10-2011 02:56 PM

Oh my!!!! Right along with the grocery bills.

DebsShelties 03-10-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Well, 25 cents and 35 cents isn't as bad as I thought it would be. So if you buy 4 yards of fabric it will be only about a $ increase...

Bear in mind that the price increases mentioned were at the wholesale, not retail level. For retailers that are doubling their wholesale cost, that would be a 50 - 75 cent increase.

That's still not that bad, could be a lot worse.