Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Uneasy feeling about quilts donated to Ronald McDonald House (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/uneasy-feeling-about-quilts-donated-ronald-mcdonald-house-t38197.html)

mrspete 02-28-2010 11:50 AM

Well, investigating it would clarify the facts for reference purposes. When it is exhausted to your extent, then remember. When we give from a pure heart, the GOOD LORD leads it. HE may have reasons to test someone else but, in giving, we relinquish rights. So, just remember, you gave it. Satisfaction is in knowing, it is out of your control and in control of the higher. That's how I settle misunderstandings. But, they should clarify this on their sites. Lots of wonderful givers on this board. I love you all. Hugz Ruth

jetnica 02-28-2010 11:52 AM

Contact Headquarters. My nephew still has the quilt RMH gave him when he was born and needed emergency surgery (everything is perfect now!)

There's no reason money should have been involved.

kwhite 02-28-2010 11:55 AM

I would e-mail the both back again and let them know if they do not reply by "X" date I would be going up the chain to the RMH corporate level. I bet you will get your response.

amma 02-28-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I would e-mail the both back again and let them know if they do not reply by "X" date I would be going up the chain to the RMH corporate level. I bet you will get your response.

I agree...if there was a misunderstanding on how the quilts were to be used they should just say so. Then in the future you would feel more comfortable donating if you know they will go where you intended.
If they need donated items to sell, that is fine, but they need to be upfront about this and honor where the donors want their items to be used. The one near us does supply some needed personal items for those who come to them in emergency situations and they don't always have a stock of certain things.

Mamagus 02-28-2010 12:35 PM

Don't let this go. Go to the top if you have to.

geckogirl 02-28-2010 12:57 PM

Have you ever heard of an organization called Project Linus? They are a national, non-profit organization that make blankets (quilts, fleece, crochet) for children that are suffered from a traumatic event in their life.

The RMH is an organization that accepts these blankets and give them to their patients. I, personally, would contact this RMH because I would hate to think that the staffer "sold" your quilt and then pocketed the money.

Best of luck to you while you try to figure out this issue. Know that you have people who will support you as you search for your answer!

craftybear 02-28-2010 01:04 PM

Please follow up and find out what happened and let us know. I would just go there for a surprise meeting.

Karen

Maribeth 02-28-2010 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite

I think this is the next step. You shouldn't need to give out your personal phone number to get an answer.

weezie 02-28-2010 01:34 PM

Darned right you should try to get to the bottom of this. What you planned for those quilts and books and what you suspect might have happened to them is the difference between giving something away or having it stolen from you. (Example: If you gave something to a friend, you would both feel good about it ... but if the 'friend' stole it ... not so good!)

Do you still have the contact information from the woman who said she bought the quilts from RMH? She might be able to shed some light on the situation.

Newby0709 02-28-2010 01:36 PM

Let us know the results. Not all RMH's are the same. We had a good experience with our 2 yr old granddaughter staying at RMH four times so far. She loves her blanket donated by Project Linus.