Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Uneasy feeling about quilts donated to Ronald McDonald House (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/uneasy-feeling-about-quilts-donated-ronald-mcdonald-house-t38197.html)

danmar 03-04-2010 08:18 AM

I agree with the majority of this group. I would want to know what happened and why. I hope you find out something soon.

Pepita 03-09-2010 01:57 AM

Ronald McDonald house may have sold the quilts and used the money for the kids. Your quilts may not have landed in the children's hands, but it is possible that the money made from the quilts helped Ronald McDonald house to continue to operate.

I don't know if you and they made it clear that the quilts were for the children that were sick. If that is the case, then I would talk to corporate RMD and ask them to find out what happened.

kwhite 03-09-2010 11:57 AM

Sooo Any update!?

Prism99 03-09-2010 02:52 PM

EQ had discussed with the director which quilts should go to which kinds of children. Obviously a mistake was made by an employee while the director was on vacation, but the director never took action to clarify to the donor what actually happened.

Several people have mentioned that money from the sale of the quilts could have gone to the RMD house and that this is a good thing. Well, yes, but a good portion of the money used to run RMD goes to salaries -- including the salaries of the director and employee responsible for this misunderstanding (or mistake, or whatever). The director is not volunteering her time to run this non-profit. However, EQ *did* donate her time and materials when making the quilts for sick kids. Like EQ, if I had known the quilts were to be sold I would have preferred to make a cash donation to the charity.

MadQuilter 03-09-2010 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
howzabout we put away the pitchforks and torches and wait for the rest of the story.

Oh dear, we are behind the times. It is rotary cutters and thread nippers these days....tsk tsk. lol

kwhite 03-09-2010 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
EQ had discussed with the director which quilts should go to which kinds of children. Obviously a mistake was made by an employee while the director was on vacation, but the director never took action to clarify to the donor what actually happened.

Several people have mentioned that money from the sale of the quilts could have gone to the RMD house and that this is a good thing. Well, yes, but a good portion of the money used to run RMD goes to salaries -- including the salaries of the director and employee responsible for this misunderstanding (or mistake, or whatever). The director is not volunteering her time to run this non-profit. However, EQ *did* donate her time and materials when making the quilts for sick kids. Like EQ, if I had known the quilts were to be sold I would have preferred to make a cash donation to the charity.

I assume this is fact and what actually happened?

Extreme Quilter 03-10-2010 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Sooo Any update!?

A field manager for my region from RMH headquarters said he would be in touch with me some time this week with answers to my questions.

brushandthimble 03-10-2010 06:47 AM

Hope you get a satisfactory response.

DebbieL 03-10-2010 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Extreme Quilter

Originally Posted by kwhite
Sooo Any update!?

A field manager for my region from RMH headquarters said he would be in touch with me some time this week with answers to my questions.

I sure hope it turns out well! let us know.

tkhooper 03-17-2010 04:47 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing his response.