Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Vent....My stupid error! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vent-my-stupid-error-t53876.html)

QuiltingrandmafromMi 07-12-2010 06:52 PM

I hear the Postal Service is hurting for money,Haven't sellers heard of Flat Rate Priority? Whatever you can pack in a specially marked box ships for a flat rate!

galvestonangel 07-12-2010 08:11 PM

You can also report her to ebay for excessive shipping charges. They want to know. I got burned once, now I look at shipping first, if I think they are too high I won't bid/buy.

penski 07-12-2010 08:37 PM

when i am dealing on e-bay i always ask about something i am not sure of because somethings on there are not specific

jljack 07-12-2010 08:54 PM

You're kidding, right???? You ought to leave terrible feedback for that person...that is robbery!!!

angieh1964 07-12-2010 09:53 PM

$21 FOR FABRIC!!!??? have these people not heard of priority mail i love the post offices prioity mail my son reminded me today IF IT FITS IT SHIPS when my son lived in NC with his father i sent all his stuff that way and he had it in about 3 days i dont get how shipping can vary so much we just orders some cooking rub for meats from this one site 3lbs at $33 and the shipping was 15.95 to me this is ridiculous but the hubby wanted this so i couldnt tell him no. good gosh walmart can ship me an air conditioner for .97cents

Annz 07-12-2010 09:59 PM

Oh I hope you put in a complaint with receipts so other can be aware of this profit making seller. It will only help other shoppers.

mayday 07-12-2010 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by frogella
Okay, I bought some fabric squares on ebay. Ask seller if she would combine shipping. She said yes, so much for the first and the rest would be another price. I thought she meant the second figure would be for all of the rest! I should have asked her to clarify, so I got $18.00 worth of fabric and I am paying $21.00 for shipping. Oh well...next time I will pay better attention!

Do they not do a $13.95 USPS env to Australia? [they do to GB]
can get[ if carefully packed] up to 9 yds of fabric in--------BUT not all sellers know/offer this -------YOU MUST INSIST OR RESIST

Pat G 07-13-2010 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Not fair, not fair ----Just like all of the informercials where they say.."but WAIT - get a second absolutely FREE.....just pay for additional shipping, and then you find out that your total shipping for something that ways as much as a cd is over $25!!

That cost for shpg. sounds excessive to me, too.

The words that make me nervous are ".....just pay shpg. & handling". The word "handling" makes me nervous & usually pass up the offer. That feels like giving them a blank check.

frogella 07-16-2010 12:43 PM

UPDATE - I have contacted her twice and she didn't respond. I got the package today and shipping was flat rate $4.90. She basically charged me $16.00 for handling!
I emailed her again this afternoon. If I don't hear back from her tonight, I will put negative feedback up. Thanks again for letting me vent!

wvdek 07-16-2010 01:08 PM

I agree with what the others have said. I have bought alot on e-bay and never paid anywhere near that.

Please give her due time to respond and then also let e-bay know. If she does not respond in due time, she has earned the negative feedback on postage and lack of customer service.