Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Vent....My stupid error!

Okay, I bought some fabric squares on ebay. Ask seller if she would combine shipping. She said yes, so much for the first and the rest would be another price. I thought she meant the second figure would be for all of the rest! I should have asked her to clarify, so I got $18.00 worth of fabric and I am paying $21.00 for shipping. Oh well...next time I will pay better attention!

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by frogella
    Okay, I bought some fabric squares on ebay. Ask seller if she would combine shipping. She said yes, so much for the first and the rest would be another price. I thought she meant the second figure would be for all of the rest! I should have asked her to clarify, so I got $18.00 worth of fabric and I am paying $21.00 for shipping. Oh well...next time I will pay better attention!
    uh-oh

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    All I got to say is that sucks.

Sheesh - are they coming on the Queen Mary? That seems excessive, when it is costing $10 to ship from US to Australia! Is the post bag gold plated????

Blog Entries
    Maybe they're coming from Canada. Postage in and out is expensive.

NO, They are shipping from New York. I got a really good price on the blocks, from bidding. Maybe she is trying to make up for the shortfall with shipping. I just know I won't be doing it again. It all would have fit in a $10.95 flat rate envelope! But I will say again it was my fault for not getting clarification. I always just think how much more fabric I could have gotten for the shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    All I got to say is that sucks.
    ditto!

Not fair, not fair ----Just like all of the informercials where they say.."but WAIT - get a second absolutely FREE.....just pay for additional shipping, and then you find out that your total shipping for something that ways as much as a cd is over $25!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would live a comment in her feedback that shipping seemed excessive.

Ohhhhhhhh I'd be furious. I've noticed the shipping has gone up on alot of items. Thats where they make their money beings they don't have to pay that part to Ebay. I'd email her back and let her know that is insane. Maybe she'll change it.
    :shock:

Contact her asap.......there is an error there somewhere!!!

Yes, send her a message that you misunderstood. Also, when the package comes check what the actual cost of mailing is vs. what you're being charged. A few bucks for a "handling" and "packaging" fee is standard, but any more than that and I'd make sure she knew I was displeased.

So right. Check the postage when it arrives and if there is a big difference contact her and let her know you are unhappy. If she doesn't work with you leave here bad feedback. I don't mind paying shipping and a little bit more for their time, but don't try to overcharge me.

Blog Entries
    :shock: OH MY... Please contact the seller and see why she thinks it will cost so much and if she is willing to adjust ?

If she ( and I say she just because, not because I know who it is ) is not willing to work with you , then in your comments you can say shipping was HIGH and I believe there is another area in feedback that you can mark her down for the shipping cost.

Keep us posted

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    You need to contact the seller. Ebay no longer allows sellers to charge those ridiculous prices. I am a seller (not fabric) but I can tell you that's waaayyyyyyy too high!!!
    I buy lots of fabric on ebay and have never paid even close to 21.00 and sometimes I've bought up to 15 yards!!!

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    So right. Check the postage when it arrives and if there is a big difference contact her and let her know you are unhappy. If she doesn't work with you leave here bad feedback. I don't mind paying shipping and a little bit more for their time, but don't try to overcharge me.
    You can't always see the postage price on the package. I use online shipping and it isn't on the labels.

NO, They are shipping from New York. I got a really good price on the blocks, from bidding. Maybe she is trying to make up for the shortfall with shipping. I just know I won't be doing it again. It all would have fit in a $10.95 flat rate envelope! But I will say again it was my fault for not getting clarification. I always just think how much more fabric I could have gotten for the shipping!
    Flat-rate envelopes are 4.95- flat-rate boxes are 10.40 or something like that.

There is an option to ask the seller to adjust the total before you pay. I have never paid that much and buy many things on ebay.

Blog Entries
    I hope the seller gives you some money back rather than pocketing it. Ouch!

Blog Entries
    If you haven't already, please contact the seller and ask if there has been a mistake made in the shipping calculation... see if she will adjust the fee.

What was the shipping on item 2 alone? Lots of times, I've had to pass on deals because shipping was just too costly. Have you dealt with this seller before? Where you go to pay, there is a "Request invoice" box. Before you pay, use the comment box there to straighten out the shipping.

JJs
    Banned
    I just sent a whole quilt, return receipt requested, insured for $500 and it was less than $14!
    The quilt was the commission quilt I posted about and was 72x72, mailed on Friday and received on Tuesday and that Included the Monday the Post Office was closed!

So, sounds suspicious to me...

Blog Entries
    When you leave feedback there is a place to check if the shipping was outrageous. The seller doesn't see it. I would let the seller know you are reporting her for charging way too much for shipping. You can go to the forum and put her name out there as one to avoid. Those ebay forums are no holds barred on bad sellers.

Sounds like you got taken!!! I agreee, when leaving feedback let the people know.

I just thought of something-
    If you see ebay's invoice shipping is much higher as they don't calculate discounts. If you haven't paid already ask the seller for an invoice. That could be why it is so high.
    If I ever get a buyer who pays before I have a chance to send an invoice I always refund the difference.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast