Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Weekend--6/6-6/8 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-weekend-6-6-6-8-a-t248002.html)

Raggiemom 06-07-2014 09:49 AM

Some will be Christmas gifts; most are for our church craft sale in September.

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue (Post 6747895)
Wow great boxes, what will you do with them?? They make great gifts!

liese 06-07-2014 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 6747794)
Well, I finished the 21 fabric boxes today! I'm going to start sandwiching a twin sized quilt tonight so hopefully I can quilt and self-bind it tomorrow.

Love the fabrics in your fabric boxes but don't you quilt them?

ManiacQuilter2 06-07-2014 11:05 AM

Just finished sewing my 6 strip sets. Now off to ironing.

Raggiemom 06-07-2014 12:13 PM

No, I didn't quilt them. They seem to hold up enough the way they are. I started with 10 inch squares. Actually I just took a layer cake and put 2 squares together and sewed. I've seen the boxes both quilted and not quilted.

Originally Posted by liese (Post 6748945)
Love the fabrics in your fabric boxes but don't you quilt them?

Raggiemom 06-07-2014 01:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I finished the quilt and made a Bow Tuck Tote. I won't be on tomorrow as I'm going to visit some friends. But I will check back in Monday and see how everyone did.

I'm planning the next Virtual Quilt Weekend for the weekend of July 4th. I hope some of you will be able to join me again. I generally get a lot done when I'm "quilting with others"! I think I'll do a Christmas in July theme for myself and work on some Christmas presents.

liese 06-07-2014 01:57 PM

Raggiemom - what kind of batting do you use on them? They are cute and so many things can be done with them. How much will you sell them for at the church bazaar?

GailG 06-07-2014 03:21 PM

I didn't think there would have been any sewing going on here this weekend, but happily I have applied the binding and pinned it in place for the hand stitching. After that I'll be the labels. Everyone is doing great work.

liese 06-07-2014 03:37 PM

I'm happy to say I quilted a baby quilt and have the binding sewn on, pinned and ready to hand stitch! If the weather stays as nice tomorrow as it was today I'm moving my wares outside!

donac 06-07-2014 04:43 PM

I forgot about this. I has been sewing this weekend. Dh went camping and hiking with a friend so I have been here alone with the dog and cat.

Last night I made a bag to test out a pattern for my quilt shop. I dropped it off this morning and picked up some fabrlc to make a friend a baby quilt. She had her first granddaughter on Thursday. After dinner tonight I started it and should finish it tomorrow (yes it is that easy).

Christmas in July sounds great fr next month.

jmoore 06-08-2014 02:47 AM

bummer, sorry I missed virtual weekend... I have been working in the garden as it has finally hit 80 degrees here in Maine and I am behind my regular planting season. Got all my tomatoes and peppers (along with cukes, beans and squash) in the ground yesterday. Feeling accomplished outdoors :thumbup: