Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--1/16-1/19/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-1-16-1-19-15-a-t259784.html)

jmoore 01-18-2015 04:44 AM

Tropit - I love your pattern, it looks fun and interesting.

SuzyM - I applaud you for so many paper pieced pineapple blocks and ambition... I don't think I would have the patience.

Last night, I cut fabric for a quick Warm Wishes baby quilt that I will work on today. They go quick. I'll try to post a picture later this afternoon. Snowy - wintry mix today so will stay in with my Janome.

Happy quilting on this virtual weekend.

applique 01-18-2015 05:54 AM

Had to work on Friday and Saturday so am now able to get going today and Monday! Thought I was going to have to do a demo/lecture for a guild but that is now off the books for a while. I have MAJOR prep work to do for McKenna Ryan patterns - several of them all in various stages. Thanks for the 'heads up' for the next retreat, so I can get it on my calendar!

IrishNY 01-18-2015 06:53 AM

I did a lot of sewing on my baby quilt yesterday and should be done this morning. I'll post a picture when I'm finished. Then I'm tackling a WIP that has been sitting on my design board since October while I worked on some other things like Bonnie Hunter's MQ, a holiday mantle scarf and of course, the aforementioned baby quilt. VQW was just the push I needed. :)

gjc2001 01-18-2015 07:27 AM

MFORD: That cast looks just like the one I had when I had thumb surgery for a very arthritic thumb joint. It does prevent you from quilting for a few weeks but in the long run it will pay off. Now I'm able to quilt and do my hand embroidery. Wishing you a fast recovery.

grann of 6 01-18-2015 08:24 AM

The binding tool star quilt is ready for Bob (my longarm). He resides in my living room, and is a wonderful companion.

AngeliaNR 01-18-2015 08:33 AM

Raggiemom: Olive, my cat, had pancreatitis and now won't eat. She has a feeding tube, so I have to feed her several times a day. She seems to be improving, but her care takes a lot of time.

I finished my mystery clue yesterday and got a bit done on the challenge quilt--I'm back to that today.

QuiltnNan 01-18-2015 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 7051459)
I finished the mitered piano key border. It is 44" X 54", may put a black border around it to make it just a little bigger.[ATTACH=CONFIG]506536[/ATTACH]

wow, it looks terrific

PenniF 01-18-2015 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Aszule (Post 7052268)
Working on my first quilt ever. A one block wonder. :) I have sewed 34 hexagons so far. Very fun project!

SO glad you went for it with the OBW....did you get the galaxy fabric you were looking at?? Don't forget to show us some pictures !!

gramquilter2 01-18-2015 11:27 AM

I did not join in but loved looking and hearing about everyone's finished projects.

tropit 01-18-2015 11:32 AM

I'm almost done!!! (With the top, that is.) Should I make it 5' x 6', or 6' x 6'? If I go 6', then I have to make one more row, but that's OK. I've never made a square quilt before. There's a time for everything.

~ Cindy