Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--1/16-1/19/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-1-16-1-19-15-a-t259784.html)

Raggiemom 01-16-2015 05:53 AM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--1/16-1/19/15

First virtual quilting weekend of the new year! Do you have a large pile of UFOs you're struggling to shrink? Have you started Christmas presents for this year? (If so, good for you!) Or maybe you just want to make yourself a little something. Whatever you're working on, please join us this weekend as we virtually gather in our quilting rooms and share encouragement, ideas, and pictures.

For first timers, just post on this thread what you're working on this weekend and check out what others are doing. Pictures are welcomed and encouraged.

Just a heads up, next VQW will be Feb 13-Feb 16. That's President's Day weekend.

I have quite an ambitious list for my weekend. I'd be happy if I got more than half of it done.

Happy Quilting! :) Any questions, just ask.

bee3 01-16-2015 06:03 AM

I was going to clean, but this is an even better idea! I'll have to figure out what to work on :)

cjsews 01-16-2015 06:07 AM

Sounds great. I am off to a retreat next week so I need to do some major prep work.

erindipity 01-16-2015 06:07 AM

Hello! I've been a member here for a while; but rarely post. I will join in as I have a few swaps I need to get on and this will keep me focused and busy. I just got a grace queen frame and I am kind of scared to even try it out...maybe after I get my cowboy boot swap blocks and my machine embroidery swap blocks done I will head to the frame...wish me luck!!

PaperPrincess 01-16-2015 06:08 AM

I may be able to join in! My original plans got canceled.

bee3 01-16-2015 06:10 AM

I was going to clean, but this is an even better idea! I'll have to figure out what to work on :)

Sewnoma 01-16-2015 06:49 AM

Yay! I have a 3-day weekend so I'm hoping to get some sewing time in!

I have a pile of hot pads half-done I'd like to finish first...because I NEED new hot pads! After that I'm not sure - my new year's resolution was not to have any quilting deadlines; 2015 is my "sew whatever I want, whenever I want" year. So maybe I'll work on a UFO, or maybe I'll start a new UFO!

I was given some of the Derwent "Inktense" pencils and ink blocks for Christmas so I want to play with those, too.

pennycandy 01-16-2015 07:10 AM

A couple of days ago I started a scrappy Irish chain from mens shirts and a few homespun to add some interest. Found a light golden camel color fabric for the light part. This will be for a man so I'm going with dark fabrics for the large squares. I'm in the preparation stage and still have lots of starching and cutting to do. Don't think I'll be doing much sewing. I wait for the starch to dry before I iron and cut.

tropit 01-16-2015 07:17 AM

OK...count me in! I've been sick all week and I need to get off my duff and do something constructive. I'm working on a scrappy, "lover's knot," quilt and I have a few UFOs that I've been pondering about. I'm not sure I can do pix, but I can certainly give some, "colorful commentary." :D

~ Cindy

tucsonquilter 01-16-2015 07:25 AM

I'm in. Working on two different quilts at the same time.......why? LOL