Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--1/16-1/19/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-1-16-1-19-15-a-t259784.html)

AngeliaNR 01-16-2015 03:51 PM

I sandwiched a Carolina Chain today. Tomorrow, I'll work on paintmejudy' s next clue on the mystery train ride. I need to do borders on a D9P, and I'd like to get to my challenge project from here on the board. However, I have a sick cat who needs a lot of attention, so we'll see how it goes.

Judith1005 01-16-2015 04:12 PM

I will also be joining you. I planned to join you last time. And that didn't work out so well for me. I will be working on a baby quilt and a little boys sports quilt top.

Raggiemom 01-16-2015 04:35 PM

Well, I didn't finish anything today but made a lot of progress on stuff. Well, I did finish the January block for Pat Sloan's BOM. I'll post a picture tomorrow as I'm too lazy to get the camera out right now and take a picture :)

See you in the am.

kristijoy 01-16-2015 04:48 PM

I have one quilt I'm working on putting together (it's quilt as you go). I only have a couple more of the long seams to go. I'm hoping to get that put together and binding put on! :) After that, I have a couple of piecing projects in the works: the challenge quilt on my design wall that I'm hoping to get started on and another modern one with some zippy fabrics in the cupboard.

We are taking a ski vacation on the 23rd. The guys are going to ski while I sew in condo while it's snowing!!! I'm so excited!!! But because of that, DH leaves with the 'luggage train' (he's driving all our stuff) on Monday. My son and I will fly in a few days later. So I'll be without my machine for a few days. *Gasp* My plan is to finish the hand bindings on a few small quilts and cut out a couple other projects.

retiredteacher09 01-16-2015 04:52 PM

I will be joining too. I need to finish fringing and tying 3 fleece blankets, however, before I can start on any sewing projects.

Goals for the weekend:

1. Complete clue 2 for Judy's Mystery Train #8
2. Sandwich/pillow turn 3 baby quilts

Connie

memepat 01-16-2015 06:08 PM

I will joined or I have joined. Working on a scrape quilt (Railfences and Pinwheels). Have to prepare a back for a quilt and load on the longarm and start stenciling design. It I have extra time I need to prepare back for a flannel quilt. Just to get a portion of this done would be great.

cannyquilter 01-17-2015 01:22 AM

I am in. Have done nothing except sandwich a quilt since before Christmas. Very ambitious for this weekend but nothing ventured nothing gained as they say. Things I want to do this weekend.

1. First and second clue for mystery train 8.

2. Cut out D9P

3. Cut out zipper quilt.

I will be using a Sizzix to cut so should be doable. If I manage to do that with time to spare I will start chain piecing. Going on shopping trip with DGDS this morning then the rest of the weekend is mine.

GailG 01-17-2015 01:56 AM

I jumped in yesterday by printing out the tutorial on the Boxy Stars as shown a couple days ago. Began by cutting strips and then WHAM*** slashed my finger with the rotary cutter. Got that patched up and finished cutting strips. Then slowly cut pieces for a few blocks. By last night I had six 1/4-blocks stitched and pressed and six 1/4-blocks placed for piecing. After these last two weeks of cold and rain, it will be nice to see sunshine coming through my windows.

donac 01-17-2015 02:26 AM

I am hoping to join in on Sunday. Tooday I am going to my LYQ to hear about the dear jane they are starting next month. Then dh and I are going to have a late lunch with ds2. I have to get some things done. My quilt shop is running a challenge to get 4 ufos done in the next 4 months. I got mi e recorded last wedk. My machine went iin service last week and I pick it up today. Ontop lof that I am working with a local high school on their production of Annie and we have 8 weeks to get the costumes together.

Sisty88 01-17-2015 04:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm working on my latest hexie creation, so I definitely won't get it finished this weekend but I thought I'd share my progress so far. I started it at the end of November and have done a little on it most days since I started.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506503[/ATTACH]

This is my second hexagon project and both of them have been purple! Haha, I obviously have a thing for purple!

I'm also working on another EPP project, but as I will hopefully be entering it into a competition, I'm not sure I'm allowed to post pictures of it, so that one will have to wait until another time!

I hope everyone gets to do at least a little bit of quilting this weekend :-)