Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--1/16-1/19/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-1-16-1-19-15-a-t259784.html)

thimblebug6000 01-19-2015 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks so much for having this weekend, I managed to finish my 2013 Aurifil BOM quilting and binding, so am really pleased about that. I have so enjoyed seeing everyone's beautiful work and love all the nice bright colours! [ATTACH=CONFIG]506775[/ATTACH]

jmoore 01-19-2015 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well, at least I got one project completed start to finish. My godson's baby boy isn't due until March but at least I'll have his gift done on time.

cannyquilter 01-19-2015 02:59 PM

Finished all the cutting and managed to sew together all the rows for the zipper quilt. Went into town and bought some plain grey to use as sashing. Was hoping to do that tomorrow whilst DGS is sleeping but just found out DGD is poorly so will be at home tomorrow so looks like it will be tomorrow evening. Will post when I get the top finished. My goal is to get all three tops finished by the weekend then sandwich them and have a quilting fest next week.

Just been to the cinema to see Wild. There were lots of quilts in that film.

donac 01-19-2015 04:59 PM

The quilts shown this weekend are beautiful. I didn't finish any blocks but I spent an hour sewing and pressing half square triangles for some friendship star blocks.

sewbizgirl 01-19-2015 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got all my bento box blocks made, and started putting them together.... Here are the ones that are finished so far.

They are all scrappy purples and blues.

Judith1005 01-20-2015 05:30 AM

Hi Sewbizgirl, I like your blocks. Is that a block you make then cut apart and re-sew to make the bento box?

sewbizgirl 01-20-2015 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 7055611)
Hi Sewbizgirl, I like your blocks. Is that a block you make then cut apart and re-sew to make the bento box?

Ive heard of some people making them that way, but it's not how I made them. For each 12" block you need one 2.5" x WOF strip in each of two colors. From each strip you cut two pieces 6.5" long, four that are 4.5" long, and four that are 2.5". From my photo you can see my pile of 'quarter blocks'... sew the two 2.5's side by side, then sew one of th 4.5's on to those... then the other 4.5, then last the 6.5... in the layout you see in my photo. It's pretty simple and easy and makes a stunning graphic 12" block.

erindipity 01-20-2015 10:18 AM

Beautiful work everyone. I was unable to quilt along as I planned. A close friend unexpectedly died and I was with her children and grand children. Today I am back on track- I think, and working on UFO, PHD, whatever I can to keep busy. Hope that I am able to QAL and chat next VQW.
Erin

sewbizgirl 01-20-2015 12:08 PM

So sorry for your loss, Erin.

Originally Posted by erindipity (Post 7056011)
Beautiful work everyone. I was unable to quilt along as I planned. A close friend unexpectedly died and I was with her children and grand children. Today I am back on track- I think, and working on UFO, PHD, whatever I can to keep busy. Hope that I am able to QAL and chat next VQW.
Erin

Judith1005 01-20-2015 05:31 PM

Thank you so much for the info. Sounds simple. But the pattern speaks volumes depending on the fabric.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7055762)
Ive heard of some people making them that way, but it's not how I made them. For each 12" block you need one 2.5" x WOF strip in each of two colors. From each strip you cut two pieces 6.5" long, four that are 4.5" long, and four that are 2.5". From my photo you can see my pile of 'quarter blocks'... sew the two 2.5's side by side, then sew one of th 4.5's on to those... then the other 4.5, then last the 6.5... in the layout you see in my photo. It's pretty simple and easy and makes a stunning graphic 12" block.