Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--1/16-1/19/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-1-16-1-19-15-a-t259784.html)

Doggramma 01-18-2015 08:21 PM

Well I didn't get anything quilty done. We ended up going out of town where I accumulated more fabric and a 15 degree ruler. It just happens sometimes.

sewbizgirl 01-18-2015 09:04 PM

Is the virtual quilting weekend continuing tomorrow (Monday)? Here everything will be closed for MLK day.

bee3 01-19-2015 04:09 AM

I confess, I didn't do anything with quilting or sewing. Still waiting for this rash to get better before I go near my fabric. Kind of afraid to iron after getting a painful rash from the ironing part. but, I did find my next project patterns, and fabric I love, just didn't buy it :) and I did clean, a little :)

Rebecca_S 01-19-2015 04:58 AM

I made my first real paper piecing blocks. I have 2 half-circle compasses made. While I like the effect, I'm not sure this is a technique I will use a lot in the future once I finish this quilt.

IrishgalfromNJ 01-19-2015 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7053111)
This is nice, Irishgal... I made a Union Jack quilt for my daughter, without pattern, several years ago. To get the vertical center stripe to line up properly, I found I had to mark both sides of the horizontal stripe, where to line them up. Worked fine, then. Let us see your pretty quilt when you get it done!

Wow, that's a really pretty quilt you made with Union Jack Blocks. I just made the one block to see if I could make and do the paper piecing. It was fun, but time consuming. Thanks for the tip on making the center strip to get the pieces even. That's smart.

SuzyM 01-19-2015 06:04 AM

I only got one and half blocks done, I just lost my mojo this weekend. I work in the accounting field and January is hell month because of year end work. I am down one person in my department which means that work transfers to me plus my own work so I am pretty wiped by the weekend. Here is to February it cannot come soon enough.

tropit 01-19-2015 07:25 AM

Good morning everyone...where's the coffee? I ended the quilting day yesterday with having finished all of my rows for my quilt top. I started sewing them together and of course, being tired at the end of the day, I made some mistakes. I seem to do that at every day's end. I should quit while I'm ahead. So, this AM I'm going to have to do some ripping and re-sewing. I should have the top done today and that's as far as I can go with it until my backing fabric comes in the mail. I think I'll spend the rest of the VQW organizing my sewing area. I've really enjoyed seeing all of the beautiful quilting projects that everyone has been working on.

~ Cindy

tropit 01-19-2015 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by AVFD215 (Post 7053205)
Thought you might like to see what I did today. It is my first attempt to make an 8 point star, I am feeling pretty good for the first attempt. Now I have to make the borders.

Nice job! That's an intricate pattern. ~ C

grann of 6 01-19-2015 07:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my finished Binding Tool Star Quilt:[ATTACH=CONFIG]506767[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]506768[/ATTACH]

grann of 6 01-19-2015 07:59 AM

This has been so much fun. I love these VQWs, spurs me on to finish things up. I have obligations for the rest of the day, so no more sewing for me. Have fun everyone, will check in later to see how everyone is doing.