Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/13-2/16/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-2-13-2-16-15-a-t261187.html)

kyquiltlover1942 02-14-2015 04:52 AM

I still can not get a pic to post, but I will be finishing up a "golf" themed comfort quilt for a neighbor who will be starting on kidney treatments soon. Hope to get the top done today. The designing is finished unless I change my mind again

jmoore 02-14-2015 04:53 AM

We are expecting another 20 inches of snow beginning midnight tonight into Monday so I'll have no excuse to get a couple of UFOs done. I am in the middle of FMQing a lap quilt which is sprawled out over my dining room table. Once that is finished, I need to sandwich a t-shirt quilt. I'm not sure if I should tie it or quilt it... any suggestions?

BerninaGirl 02-14-2015 04:59 AM

Oh I need one of these weekend.

I am working on a scrappy pineapple and Rough Terrain by Frivolous Necessity.

Will try posting a picture later this weekend.

elly66 02-14-2015 05:18 AM

I'll be working on my third bargello in a row (one for each grown son) and I seem to be dragging my heels a bit. Definitely think that when this one is done, I'll take a break from them and sew something different. That is if I don't start something else before then. :D

ManiacQuilter2 02-14-2015 05:24 AM

TRYING to piece some backing for charity quilts since a friend found a newbie LAQ to practice on these charity quilts otherwise they won't get finished.

twinkie 02-14-2015 05:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am going to be working on three wall hangings (using the 2" fusible grid) using nightgowns and pillow cases from a woman who has passed. I will be glad to finish these because the colors I was presented are mostly bland colors and the lady just wants a scrappy look. Here is what I have come up with so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510054[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510055[/ATTACH]

On the second one I have rearranged the 9 patch blocks so there is a flow in the color scheme. I don't have a picture of the new arrangement yet.

The 3rd one is simply a scrappy of miscellaneous blocks with a heart shaped applique of one of the gowns in the center and I don't have a picture of it.

I don't think I will ever do one of these again for someone else unless it is a gift.

tropit 02-14-2015 06:01 AM

I'm trying to use up my scraps, but I just placed an order for more fabric to add to my stash. Am I bad?

~ Cindy

grann of 6 02-14-2015 06:10 AM

I will join in too. I am going to put the borders on a blue/yellow/white quilt for myself. It is a gift to myself for perservering through this whole BC thing, and having the last radiation treatment yesterday. The fabric is Summer Breeze II in jelly roll form. The pattern is Jenny Doan's Jelly Roll stars. I added sashing and cornerstones so it would be a generous queen size. I'll post a pic from the other computer.

grann of 6 02-14-2015 06:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]510058[/ATTACH] Here is my Summer Breeze top.

Raggiemom 02-14-2015 06:50 AM

No, you need to replenish what you use up! :)

Originally Posted by tropit (Post 7089686)
I'm trying to use up my scraps, but I just placed an order for more fabric to add to my stash. Am I bad?

~ Cindy