Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/13-2/16/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-2-13-2-16-15-a-t261187.html)

Raggiemom 02-13-2015 04:51 AM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/13-2/16/15

Time for virtual quilting weekend! Do you have a large pile of UFOs you're struggling to shrink? Have you started Christmas presents for this year? (If so, good for you!) Or maybe you just want to make yourself a little something. Whatever you're working on, please join us this weekend as we virtually gather in our quilting rooms and share encouragement, ideas, and pictures.

For first timers, just post on this thread what you're working on this weekend and check out what others are doing. Pictures are welcomed and encouraged.

Just a heads up, next VQW will be Mar 13-Mar 16.

Happy Quilting! Any questions, just ask.

IrishgalfromNJ 02-13-2015 05:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm going to finish piecing the back for my Christmas quilt.

This is the top (49 - 10" squares of Christmas fabrics)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509953[/ATTACH]

and this is the back

leftover charm squares sashed. I just have to finished the silver border to fit it to the top and it will be ready to sandwich.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509954[/ATTACH]

I'm also going to prepare a piece of wood to paint a barn quilt. I don't have a barn but I want to make a barn quilt just the same.

tropit 02-13-2015 06:09 AM

Oooh...count me in! The last VQW really got me going and inspired. Plus, it was so much fun to see what everyone else was working on.

This month, I'm working on a, "Bright Birch Trees," quilt for my neighbor friend, the logger, who was so kind to help us with our firewood, (among other things,) the first year we were here. He needs a quilt. I'm also starting a pineapple quilt. Plus, I'd like to sandwich a couple of completed quilt tops that I have. Lots to do! Pix to follow soon.

~ Cindy

sewbizgirl 02-13-2015 06:35 AM

I can stay home the whole day today, and half of tomorrow... so I will be working on finishing up projects. I am still working on the Grand Illusion mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter-- needing to put the final borders on the center piece. I also have some smaller charity lap quilts to FMQ and bind. And some blocks I 'inherited' to finish for charity quilts.

I just got done organizing and cutting four boxes of scraps and strips that were given to me. It was so much fun, but took me nearly two weeks to tame that pile! Now I can sew again.

Hope to have some photos to share with you by the end of this VQW.

mom-6 02-13-2015 06:56 AM

Y'all have fun!
Before I leave to go out of town for the weekend I'm going to try to get a bit more done on my first ever QAYG. Have the blocks done, now doing the sashing, front and back. Next time I think I will add the sashing to the blocks (2 or 3 sides as appropriate) before doing the quilting and see if I like that method better.

Boston1954 02-13-2015 07:08 AM

I am just finishing one with 6 little owls in it. Got the quilting done last night and have started putting on the binding.

luana 02-13-2015 07:28 AM

Spending tomorrow with a group piecing Quilts of Valor. It will be a fun day. I'll show you what we get done.

thimblebug6000 02-13-2015 07:39 AM

Oh good, I really enjoy seeing what everyone is working on. I will piece a few more crayons for a comfort quilt, I was inspired to start one after seeing Tartan's cute quilt top. Mine will be white background as I have a white backing with crayons printed on it. Will try to sew after aquafit and a teensy bit of housework later today :D

KenmoreGal2 02-13-2015 08:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm working on a couple of things this weekend. I'd like to FMQ this top and bind it. It's for a charity.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509967[/ATTACH]

I'd also like to finish these tote bags. I'll be giving one to my son's friend and the other to a lady who helps my parents. Right now they have been FMQ'd. I need to sew them into bags, add flat bottoms, make and add handles and then put a binding on the top.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509968[/ATTACH]

SewExtremeSeams 02-13-2015 09:10 AM

Oh, yipppeee, I am headed to my sewing room as soon as I am done on QB!