Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/13-2/16/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-2-13-2-16-15-a-t261187.html)

zennia 02-16-2015 06:10 AM

pennycandy i love you irish chain.
Nice projects everyone. I am still working along on my mini pineapple blocks. Just a few more to go. It was a nice sewing week-end.

deedum 02-16-2015 06:11 AM

wow! now that is a real beauty! I stand in Awe!

judy363905 02-16-2015 07:38 AM

Penny really like how the checks and plaids work so well on your Irish Chain quilt. Great job :)

I finished the quilting on a bed runner and added binding, it is already to hand stitch down today ..will also make a label this morning plan to finished today. I really get a bunch of sewing done on these Virtual Quilting weekends ...happy one was started this past weekend. :). Thanks

Judy in Phx, AZ

SewExtremeSeams 02-16-2015 07:54 AM

GrandmaTerry, welcome neighbor! Love your heart pillow. I also own a FW. What year is yours? Mine is 1947.

KenmoreGal2, love your quilt. It is simple but beautiful. Love your totes also.

kristakz 02-16-2015 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I've been working on today. I ended up spending most of yesterday moving furniture. I'm trying to replace the carpet in my sewing room, so need to clear it out. With my son home for reading week, it seemed like a good time to move the heavy stuff out. But it sure did make a disaster of my sewing room.

This quilt now has extra borders top and bottom. 1 wide border around the whole thing, and it will be the right size for donation.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510458[/ATTACH]

baronreads 02-16-2015 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is from yesterday before I put the last row of squares on. Yellow borders are next. I'm scared of borders! :p<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/a99d0884/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

sewbizgirl 02-16-2015 12:12 PM

Love the scrappy Irish chain, Pennycandy. I definitely see the yellow chains. Anything made with shirts is soooo cozy. My snuggle up quilt for the couch is a shirts quilt.

sewbizgirl 02-16-2015 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz (Post 7092569)
This is what I've been working on today. I ended up spending most of yesterday moving furniture. I'm trying to replace the carpet in my sewing room, so need to clear it out. With my son home for reading week, it seemed like a good time to move the heavy stuff out. But it sure did make a disaster of my sewing room.

This quilt now has extra borders top and bottom. 1 wide border around the whole thing, and it will be the right size for donation.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510458[/ATTACH]

It's lovely, Kristakz... love those blue batiks!

kristakz 02-16-2015 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All done! This quilt is 36x48, and was entirely made with the leftover fabric from another quilt. Sixteen 10" squares, plus some yardage of the white batik.

Now to get started on one of my block of the month projects ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510489[/ATTACH]

donac 02-16-2015 01:52 PM

Penny I love the scrappy Irish chain. You can really see the chain when you look at the picture.

I spent today doing some friendship stars for a charity quilt and I made the first 3 squares of my Dear Jane. I am in a 13 month program that started on Saturday.