Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend - August 30-Sept 3, 2018 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-august-30-sept-3-2018-a-t299215.html)

Jane Quilter 09-03-2018 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the flimsy together:

QuiltingVagabond 09-03-2018 03:26 PM

Well, the long weekend is winding down, and I am getting ready to settle in to sew the sleeve to my Talkin' Turkey(yay). I managed to finish the quilting on the guild BOM (yay), finish the pre-show prep for my 5 show entries (yay), square and cut the binding for a kids charity quilt (yay).
That's 4 yays!! And I am a happy quilter!

Kelly_Y 09-03-2018 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished another quilted Nintendo Switch case to hopefully sell on Etsy. Now dinner, then hopefully get some progress made on a quilt for my bed before winter's here.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]600472[/ATTACH]

sarge1 09-03-2018 04:04 PM

This weekend: redwork snowmen

2 Attachment(s)
I've had some 7 redwork snowmen finished for a while, looking for a setting to use them in. I think I finally decided on this sawtooth star pattern of varying sizes. Not sure I love the red/aqua combination, but I'm moving forward. First pic was before it was sewn (I was nervous about cutting out the redwork), second pic is everything I have sewn so far.

SillySusan 09-03-2018 04:10 PM

It looks like everyone had a very productive VQW! All the quilts shown are really wonderful; especially the Dr. Seuss one, the wonky one, the college one, .... and all the rest.

I didn't make my goal of binding 11 baby quilts, but I didn't think I could. I did 8 and a half of them, leaving only 2 and a half for later this week. I think that's very good for me.

Thank you very much for letting me join y'all this weekend. Y'all kept me on task!!

sewbizgirl 09-03-2018 05:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Great photos, everyone! The projects are wonderful! Thanks for posting photos.

I got one more donation quilt quilted... simple cross hatch and I got to play with my hexagon ruler. I will get it bound tomorrow, with more of the blue pheasant fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600481[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600482[/ATTACH]

Thanks for a great VQW, everyone and esp. Raggiemom for hosting!

cashs_mom 09-03-2018 06:55 PM

Welll, I didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped. It could have something to do with doing a lot more piecing on the back of my string quilt or the machine problems I had which meant I had to stop and clean and oil the 301. I do have the piecing done and I'm sewing the strips together for the back. Hopefully, I can get some of it done this week since there's a car show next weekend which cuts into my quilting time.

Everyone's quilts look great! I'm so impressed!

zozee 09-03-2018 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter (Post 8120749)
Got the flimsy together:

What a fun quilt!! I 'm a Suess nut!

zozee 09-03-2018 08:05 PM

I made a lot of progress on my grandson's baby quilt. Probably won't show pictures till I've finished both his and hers.

Quilter 53 09-03-2018 09:53 PM

Well, after completing my wonky quilt I was really feeling motivated to move on to the pinwheel one I wanted to do. I got it all cut out before lunch, took a break for a sandwich and jumped back in. But when I started sewing the first pinwheel, it didn't take me long to realize that I had cut all the rectangles for making HSTs wrong. Ughhh! And to make matters worse, I didn't have enough of the original fabric to recut. So I spent the rest of the afternoon searching through my stash for suitable substitutes ( I'm one fabric shy and will have to make a trip to shop) and cutting what I had to work with.
I think I was excited to get started and didn't double check my math before I cut. So lesson learned. Tomorrow is another day.